aroused

• Updated: Fri, November 30, 2007

• Reported By:Burlington Vermont
Overstock.Com
Overstock.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Overstock.Com Return Policy, Shipping costs more than the goods! Salt Lake City Utah

I have just had the most frustrating experience with Overstock.com and its return policies. I was sent a label to use to return a $49.99 item that would have cost me $15.51 to return the item. Rather than use that, I got on their live chat line and received instructions to send it back by the US Post. Paid my own postage and yet, when notified the return had been credited they deducted the cost of the shipping label which I had not used. They had my goods in hand and could did not even know that their label had not been used. I spent another half hour on their bloody chat line being asked for a tracking number (which I did not have since it was sent parcel post) before they finally relented and said they would credit me the $15.51. Will NEVER purchase anything from them again.

By the way, the sheets were cheap and thin. I got better merchandise for less on sale at my local JCPenney Store.

Pat
Burlington, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2007 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OverstockCom/nationwide/OverstockCom-Return-Policy-Shipping-costs-more-than-the-goods-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-288074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overstock.Com