Complaint Review: Overstock.com

• Submitted: Fri, July 01, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 02, 2005

• Reported By:Milton Washington
Overstock.com
6322 South 3000 East, Suite 100 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Overstock.com ripoff, fraudulent, desceptive Salt Lake City, Utah

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved by Overstock's Exec Office

I ordered a Tiffany-style lamp from Overstock.com. When I received the item, I was shocked at the poor packaging. I opened it to discover that surprisingly, the lamp shade was intact, but the lamp base/stand was broken in multiple places, as though it was busted before it was shipped! I notified them immediately and was told a return slip would be emailed to me within four days. It never happened. A week later, I notified them that I was still waiting.

I was promised, again, I would receive it within four days. After waiting this period of time again, I mailed BillMeLater to notify them that I was disputing the charge for this lamp because of breakage and the fact I was waiting for the return slip. I kept all documentation. BillMeLater checks into it and then replies that it was no problem and that the charge would be dismissed. Then I receive notification again from BillMeLater explaining that Overstock.com feels the charge is valid.

Again, I contacted Overstock.com explaining the entire circumstance, and guess what? I was told, "you'll have the return slip in four days". I receive email from them stating it's on its way, etc., etc., but I have NEVER received this return slip. It has been two months since the original transaction. I now feel I am forced to pay this large bill for something sitting in the garage waiting to be shipped back.

S
Milton, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2005 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Overstockcom/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84121/Overstockcom-ripoff-fraudulent-desceptive-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-148260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overstock.com

Issue Resolved by Overstock's Exec Office

AUTHOR: S - (U.S.A.)

By following someone's information on this site (to contact the CEO's office at Overstock), they listened to me. Prior to contacting this office, there was no one that would follow through on each attempt I made at following Overstock's instructions for a return/refund. The exec's office was prompt and very courteous at taking care of the refund.