Complaint Review: Overstock.com

• Reported By:jacksonville Florida
Overstock.com
overstock.com Internet U.S.A.

Overstock.com Defective product Usa Internet

I ordered an air purifier from Overstock.com. We had used the unit one night to filter cigarette smoke out of the room (about 6 cigarettes smoked total). the next day when we turned the unit on there was a strong odor of smoke comming out of the machine. Three days later you could smell the scent of cigarettes comming out of the machine. I contacted the company about the defective product and was told (c/s rep. Christine) that the product was not "defective" it just did not live up to my expectations. I tried to explain that my expectations of an air purifier was that it would remove odors from the room not just process them and send them back into the room again. I stated to the c/s rep that because the unit does not remove odors it is defective.

Christine told me overstock.com would only consider this unit defective if it did not run at all and the fact that it didn't remove odors was just the unit not living up to my grand expectations. She stated they would not charge me for restocking but I had to pay for return shipping. Beware of what you buy from this company because they do not stand behind what they sell.

Bill
jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2007 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Overstockcom/internet/Overstockcom-Defective-product-Usa-Internet-268689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overstock.com