Complaint Review: Overstock.com

• Submitted: Sat, August 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, August 11, 2007

• Reported By:Columbus Georgia
Www.overstock.com Internet U.S.A.

Overstock.com They sent me my order with the following address: Seattle, Georgia, U.S.A. No street address, not zip code, no name. Www.overstock.com Ripoff Internet

I ordered a set of sheets online but realized that I used "Seattle" as the "ship to" city in error (I just moved from Seattle, WA to Columbus, GA). When I realized that I had the incorrect city I called the chat line for help. Here is an excerpt of that conversation:

Jethro: Would you mind holding for a minute or two while I try to cancel the order ?
you: No problem. I will hold.
Jethro: Thanks for holding.
Jethro: I've canceled your order and a refund of $29.99 is credited back to your card on 08/04/2007 , it will reflect in the next billing statement.
Jethro: Do you want me to place the new order for you?
you: Yes, but you have to make sure my shipping address say: 511 ____ Avenue, #____, COLUMBUS, GA 31901. SAME AS MY BILLING ADDRESS. Thank you.
Jethro: Sure.

Overstock.com sent me an email regarding the shipment. The email showed the correct ship to address but when I went on the UPS Tracking System, I discovered that it was shipped to: Seattle, GA, U.S.A.

Overstock.com has outsourced their customer service to India and yes, they are saving money but we are getting ripped off.

Columbus, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2007 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Overstockcom/internet/Overstockcom-They-sent-me-my-order-with-the-following-address-Seattle-Georgia-USA-N-266856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overstock.com