Complaint Review: Overstock.com

• Updated: Tue, January 14, 2003

• Reported By:BOCARATON Florida
overstock.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Overstock.com rip-off Saly Lake City Utah

Originally I ordered a "Bed in a Bag" set. They sent me a vacumm cleaner, shipping weight 26 pounds, box size around 30"x30", with an invioce attached that said bed in a bag. Definitely an indication of the employment requirements of this company.

I called the customer service line and informed them of the mistake. I was then told that they would send me a return shipping label and to put it on the box and take it to UPS to have it returned and that once they had recieved their mistake back then they would ship out my original order, say in two or three weeeks.

I informed them that this was not going to happen, finally after much wrangling with "eric" he promised me that he would have the correct order shipped and when it arrived I would give the UPS driver the mistake to be returned.

Today I received a computer shipped by a reputable Web based business and the driver also had the pick up slip from overstock.com. unfortunately I assumed that the overstock order was include in one of the boxes and shipped off the Mistake.

Enraged by such a breach of a verbal contract I called overstock.com and was informed that no such deal would have been made and that my order should arrive in 10 days.

I will have the last laugh though because companies that abuse their customers sre not around for long. Sell that stock now before you're trading it for shares of Enron.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2003 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Overstockcom/nationwide/Overstockcom-rip-off-Saly-Lake-City-Utah-41424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overstock.com