Complaint Review: Overton, Russell, Doerr And Donovan, LLP

• Submitted: Mon, August 03, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By:Central Bridge New York
Overton, Russell, Doerr And Donovan, LLP
19 Halfmoon Executive Park Drive Clifton Park, New York U.S.A.

Overton, Russell, Doerr And Donovan, LLP This law firm was completely uncooperative and represented themselves in a very unprofessional manner. Clifton Park New York

*Consumer Comment: Copy and Paste

*Consumer Comment: We meet again!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Private consumer matter

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Private consumer issue

I had a debt that I owed and when I went that the bank to settle it on my own it was released to a law firm in form of collections. The law firm was Overton, Russell, Doerr and Donovan, LLP and they were absolutely horrible and verbally vicious to me. They were very demanding and froze my bank account before I could even contact them. I never received any documentation on this law firm before and nor did I know they were the ones that were sent my debt collection, so wouldn't you know that I was surprised when my account was frozen and they were so uncooperative when I called them about this. They wanted an outrageous amount for a first payment and another insane amount as monthly payments so I said that I can't do that and I wanted to work a deal that I could afford right now and they refused my offer and threatened me stating that "we can keep your account frozen up to a year" and they were rude and very uncooperative. I tried for a month to negotiate with them but they were worse each time I spoke to someone. I received court documents for a garnishment from my wages so I did that and have been making weekly payments since October of 2008 to my local sheriffs department. I recently lost my job and I am still paying it out of my unemployment benefits (which I know I legally do not have to do) because I am frightened to deal with that law firm ever again. I would NEVER hire them for anything and I hope no one has to deal with them the way I did. They are rude and will not work with any payment arrangement that we can afford, it's their way or no way. Which they are now receiving less each week than I offered originally. I just can't wait to have this over. I only have ONE bad debt and this is the one that is keeping me from getting a home.

Michelle
Central Bridge, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Overton-Russell-Doerr-And-Donovan-LLP/Clifton-Park-New-York-12065/Overton-Russell-Doerr-And-Donovan-LLP-This-law-firm-was-completely-uncooperative-and-re-475989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overton, Russell, Doerr And Donovan, LLP

Copy and Paste

AUTHOR: David - (United States of America)

I would have to agree.

There seem to be quite a few people Mr. Strohl is accusing of slander with his copy and past responses. I'm certain that if this trend continues, the prevailing opinion of his company will continue to deteriorate.

We meet again!

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Brian esq.! You sure are proving yourself adept at using that "copy and paste" feature!

You suspect that this report is lodged by a disgruntled consumer?

No sh*t! I never would have thought that someone posting on a consumer complaint forum was a disgruntled consumer! How much time and energy did it take for you to come to that conclusion?

And I most certainly agree: this report regards a private consumer matter. Who gives a rat's a*s if there are numerous complaints against your firm? Until they bind together for a class-action, the individuals that you harm don't matter, am I right! *fist pound*

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Private consumer matter

AUTHOR: Brian S.Strohl, Esq. - (U.S.A.)

This posting is simply an attempt to slander the reputation of our law firm.  Not to mention that our firm abides and fully complies with federal and state collection laws and privacy regulations.  I am confident the consumer's story is one-sided by a disgruntled debtor.

Regardless, our representatives are fully trained and can be reached at (518) 383-4876 or 888 708-5088. A representative can assist with any questions to the account or a
concern.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Private consumer issue

AUTHOR: Brian S.Strohl, Esq. - (U.S.A.)

concern.