Complaint Review: Owen Thomas Ford

• Submitted: Sat, April 24, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, May 01, 2012

• Reported By:Stillwater Oklahoma
Owen Thomas Ford
4405 West Sixth Stillwater, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Owen Thomas Ford Service Department ripoff doesn't take college girls seriously Stillwater Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: Extended Service Plans

*UPDATE Employee: We tried to help but couldn't meet her demands!

I recently moved to Stillwater, OK to continue my education at Oklahoma State University. I attend school full time and work part time. Recently when I needed repairs made to my 2000 Mercury Cougar I called the OT service deaprtment to schedule an appointment to bring in my car. I bought an extended warranty when purchasing my car and it included a 3 day rental car for any waranty covered rapirs that need to be made. I have to have a vehicle at all times to transport me to and from work and school.

When I called OT they told me that they didn't have any rental/loaner cars. Confused I called my dealer at home where I purchased the car and the service manager at home assured me that they must provide me with a vehicle whether it is their own or another dealerships. It is thier responibilty. I then called OT back and the man, the same one I had previosly talked to, said there was nothing he could do b/c the rental company was out of vehicles.

I explained that I pay monthly for this warranty and wanted my money's worth. The guy then laughed and said "what do you want me to do build a car myself?" When I continued to insist that he provide me with a vehicle he asked me "are you serious?" This angered me very much and I told him that he would not need to worry about servicing my car. From now on I will take all of my business to my home dealership.

I filed a report with Ford stating the horrible service I received and later the General Manager contacted me. He told me that they felt that they had done everything they felt necessary. Previously they had overcharged me and I was able to get the credited back to me. The GM referred back to this instance and stated that they had bent over backwards for me before. Am I asking too much to have my warranty that I pay for honored and not be overcharged simply b/c I am a 22 year old female?

I work in Customer Service/retail and I know that "I can't/don't want to help you" is never an accetpable answer. I would never treat one of my customers this way. I am not mad at Ford although I am disaapointed that they would have service departments such as this.

If anyone of you live in the Stillwater area and consider going to OT Ford DON"T! Especially if you are a young lady b/c they will overlook you and not respect you enough to treat you like a human being. When I had my car repoared at another company in Stillwater I told them of my expierence with OT and they said they hear that all the time. Obviously OT has a bad reputation for bad customer service.

Amy
Stillwater, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2004 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Owen-Thomas-Ford/Stillwater-Oklahoma-74074/Owen-Thomas-Ford-Service-Department-ripoff-doesnt-take-college-girls-seriously-Stillwater-88833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Owen Thomas Ford

Extended Service Plans

AUTHOR: Daily Consumer - (United States of America)

It should be noted that the original complaint was filed in 2004 which would make the customers Ford car only 4 years old. For most consumers this is not an old car.

A 4 year old Ford could be easily covered under a Ford Extended Service Plan agreement. Ford's Extended Service Plan Agreement website states that car rental will be provided for up to 10 days for any repair job conducted while owning the Service Plan Agreement (as of 2012, can't vouch for one purchased in 2000).

Ford's website states that all Ford and Lincoln dealerships in the U.S. and Canada honor the service agreements.

Current Ford Extended Service Plans can cost a consumer upwards of $1,300-$1,500 depending on the make of the Ford car.

Ford Service Plan agreements can be viewed at the following website: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ESPPage

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

At Thomas Ford we attempt to offer the best service experience possible for each customer. This business has been here in Stillwater since 1919. It appears that her main issue was one of a rental vehicle. We do not rent vehicles therefore we are at the mercy of Enterprise, Budget or other rental companies having a car available when someone needs a car. Our insurance does not allow "loaning" cars off the lot to customers. I will not say that other dealerships comply with the insurance carriers instructions on "loaning" vehicles. Being an adult she could have contacted a rental car company to verify the availability in Stillwater. Calling another town (he home town) to see if they had a loaner car did nothing to find one to take care of her in Stillwater. I'm sorry that she is upset, but we can only do what policy dictates. I find it interesting that she blames the episode on her being a student and female. We were trying to assist her but when we could not meet her demands we suddenly become a "ripoff". From what she says, there must not have been anything seriously wrong with her vehicle so we could have scheduled it for another time but she must not have wanted that. We service dozens of student owned vehicles every year and even offer student discounts, we are in the business of providing service therefore not fixing a vehicle doesn't make sense. I don't know what extended service contract she has but due to age, I guess that it was not a Ford ESP.