Complaint Review: Owners.com

• Submitted: Sun, September 16, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, September 16, 2012

• Reported By: WWII vet — Pekin Illinois United States of America
Owners.com

Owners.com Hijacked my Zillow.com listing so that I no longer was receiving my Zillow emails Internet

I had a free listing with Owners.com. After the Owners.com listing expired, Owners.com took over my Zillow listing. Because they had hijacked my Zillow listing I no longer could edit it. I found out that they were taking my emails from Zillow, and refused to forward the information on to me unless I paid to upgrade my owners.com listing to a paid listing! Now I have missed several calls from potential buyers because of Owners.com took over my Zillow listing. I have emailed Zillow about the problem. I also deleted the listing from owners.com and filed a complaint with them.

I am very concerned that a company would do such an unethical thing. My Zillow account was established and I had gotten several calls on my home until Owners.com took it over. Not one of my calls for my home originated from the Owners.com free listing. I never gave permission for Owners.com to take over/ edit my Zillow account, and it was not listed under the things that would happen with a free listing.

When Owners.com took over my Zillow listing they also sent over old information on my home's price. I had raised the price on my home and Owners.com changed it back to the original price when they took it over. I was unable to go in to my Zillow account and edit the price to the correct one.

The free listing on Owners.com is a scam whereby they take over your other on-line listings and then will not give you your buyer's information unless you pay Owners.com a fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2012 06:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ownerscom/internet/Ownerscom-Hijacked-my-Zillowcom-listing-so-that-I-no-longer-was-receiving-my-Zillow-ema-941895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Owners.com