Complaint Review: Oxford Financial Benefits

• Submitted: Mon, August 20, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, August 20, 2007

• Reported By:Cedar Creek Texas
Oxford Financial Benefits
P.O. Box 3588 Champlane, New York U.S.A.

Oxford Financial Benefits $249 Ripoff Champlane New York

On or around June 16, 2005, I received a phone call at my place of employment from Oxford Financial Alliance. The caller was soliciting a special MasterCard credit card with a limit of $2,000 with no annual fee, no annual interest and credit increases every six (6) months with exception of good pays.

Other items were that cash withdrawals up to $500 a day was also to be available with this special MasterCard. The caller advised that a one-time fee was necessary to activate the account. That fee would be a flat two hundred and forty-nine dollars ($249.00) debited from an active checking account. I advised the caller that I was unable to commit to the two hundred and forty-nine dollars ($249.00).

The caller advised that they (Oxford Financial) could set up an automatic debit for a specific date if I did not have funds available at the time. I agreed to an automatic debit from my Bank account in the amount of two hundred and forty-nine dollars ($249.00) on June 23, 2005, contingent upon the terms that the caller had explained. I was told that my card would arrive within 21 days and was given a customer service telephone number of 1-866-333-7715 to call and check the status. I was also given a reference number to use when calling of 3381768.

After thirty (30) days had passed, I began to worry, so I called the customer service number provided on July 18,2005. I was advised by an answering servic that my packet would not arrive until forty (40) days after the debit date of June 23, 2005.

After another thirty (30) days passed, I called again on August 17, 2005 and was advised that shipping was delayed and that my packet would not be shipped until August 26, 2005. I asked the customer service person, what I would be receiving and why it was being referred to as a packet and not a credit card. They advised me that I would be receiving a welcome package along with my card.

On August 31, 2005 I called the customer service number back again just to make sure that the packet had been mailed and was advised that it was sent off on August 30, 2005.

On September 8, 2005, I received a package from Oxford Financial Alliance. Inside this package much to my surprise, was NO credit card and NO explanation. Along with a few advertisements for car loans, fast cash, and credit repair, a letter welcoming me to Oxford Financial Alliance and advising me In order to receive your MasterCard, please complete and sign the application, then follow the other instruction and mail it to the address indicated. was included in this packet.

Another letter was enclosed stating Your stored value MasterCard application will be mailed to you by the bank in 10 days. When it arrives, simply fill it out and send it back to the address on the application. There are no additional fees to pay and your card will arrive in 2-3 weeks

I sent the company a letter asking for a refund and it was returned..No surprise there.

To say the least no credit card ever arrived and I was out $249!!!

Cedar Creek, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2007 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oxford-Financial-Benefits/Champlane-New-York-12919/Oxford-Financial-Benefits-249-Ripoff-Champlane-New-York-268876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oxford Financial Benefits