Complaint Review: Oxford Financial Mastercard

• Submitted: Tue, September 20, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, September 20, 2005

• Reported By:Beaumont Texas
Oxford Financial Mastercard
New York, New York U.S.A.

Oxford Financial Mastercard RIPOFF Tried To Screw Me Out Of $249 And Thanks God I Didnt Let Them absolute fraud, should be shutdown, but how? New York Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: The ONLY way to stop this is when everyone stops buying. Then, they dry up and blow away.

Its unbelievable...my husband and I were working on our computers when all of a sudden my phone rings to have 'Mark' from Oxford offer me a $2000 credit card. He spent a good 5 minutes reading his script, and it was obviously a script, albeit a good one, and then transfered me to their 'billing' department. He went on and on to reassure me that in New York they have full disclosure laws and that I would have all the information before making a decision...only I had until October 4 to post date a withdrawal from my checking account. THANK GOD I put their name into my search engine while I was being transferred, and when this site popped up as the number one finding, I thought 'Oh CRAP'. I hung up immediately, and of course, they called right back. Thought I must have been disconnected. Well he** yes I was disconnected...geez...and to think I had my checkbook right beside me, thinking wow, what a great way to help my credit. Dont be fooled into this scam of scams. They should be jailed...I just wish I knew how.

Christian
Beaumont, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2005 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oxford-Financial-Mastercard/New-York-New-York/Oxford-Financial-Mastercard-RIPOFF-Tried-To-Screw-Me-Out-Of-249-And-Thanks-God-I-Didnt-Le-157787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oxford Financial Mastercard

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

You would not have gotten a credit card. At best, they give you a catalog card, good only for triple-priced junk from a phony catalog.

All you would have done is thrown $250 away.

There are a million more scams that will be calling you in the future. So, you need to reject each and every one of them. Nothing good calls you out of the blue on the phone.

By the way, even if you put one of these out of business, ten more spring up.

They will ALL go away when people stop sending money. That's the only way.