Complaint Review: Oxford Financial

• Submitted: Thu, August 25, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, August 25, 2005

• Reported By:roseburg Oregon
Oxford Financial
oxfordfinancial.com Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Oxford Financial Ripoff This company scamed me out of $249.00 on a credit card I will never see!! Champlain New York

Thank God for a great Bank!!

Me and my husband fell for the scam of the year, Oxford Financial got us for $249.00!

I recieved a phone call from a woman on the afternoon of July 28th from a woman who claimed I had applied for a mastercard (this was true),and that I had been decliened (also true), she said she was a part of the Mastercard company that was helping people regain there credit by offering a $2,000 credit line with no intrist for 3 years. I quickly woke my hubby who was napping and me and him together continued to put the bright light on this lady asking her every question we could think of. After a hour of this we finaly caved(because we need a credit card for a cross country trip we will be takeing this fall.)and excepted this to good to be true gift. Now this is were it gets good, she needs to transfer me to someone to give me more info and take a check number for a one time $249.oo processing and insurance fee! "Hold on I said!" but she asured me we would get this money back in 3 years if we made all our payments on time.

Well I went to call good old Oxford and somehow misplaced there number so I went on line to get there number and yep you guessed it all I found was you guys and some other buissness that was not them! Great! I quickly called 866-333-7715 and got the run a round and told them not to cash my check! So then I called the bank and sure enough the $249.00 was gone! They told me to call law enforcment and the FBI,I did and the FBI told me to go to a FBI web site and file a report. The police filed a report and to my surprise I am the third person in my town alone who have fallen for this scam. It is nation wide from what I can see on your site.

My bank is refunding me for this transaction and I closed my account, Oxford is still up and running infact I can call a agent right now if I want to and it will stay this way unless everyone takes the same action I have... good luck and God bless!

Roseburg, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2005 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oxford-Financial/Champlain-New-York-12919/Oxford-Financial-Ripoff-This-company-scamed-me-out-of-24900-on-a-credit-card-I-will-neve-155005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oxford Financial