- Report: #762284
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Oxmoor Toyota - Louisville
Oxmoor Toyota - Louisville8003 Shelbyville Road, Louisville, Kentucky United States of America
Oxmoor Toyota - Louisville dishonesty of Oxmoor Toyota - Louisville Louisville, Kentucky
*Author of original report: Oxmoor Toyota complaint update
Oxmoor Toyota has treated me dishonestly at least 5 times. Many other people have had the same experience with Oxmoor Toyota, as reflected in the fact that Oxmoor Toyota has a Better Business Bureau rating of B-minus whereas Toyota of Louisville has a BBB rating of A-plus.
Here is a brief, detailed list of my 5 experiences with Oxmoor Toyotas dishonesty:
1. When I took my 1996 Toyota Tercell to Oxmoor Toyota for repair a couple of years ago, after that repair the woman in the service department gave me a hand-written list of approximately 20 items totaling $2,000 that they said also needed repair. After looking through the list, I informed that woman in the Oxmoor service department that the vast majority of those repairs had already been done at Medley Auto Care down the road within the last 60 days, proving that the list was not honest.
2. On April 3, 2011, my wife and I spent 4 hours at Oxmoor Toyota test-driving cars, discussing financing, and signing papers. The entire time we were surrounded by signs which promised a free BBQ grill to people who buy a car.
After my wife and I signed papers buying a 2009 Toyota Corolla, the salesman suddenly said "no free BBQ grill".
The finance department then claimed that we were not eligible for the free BBQ grill because we had paid the full price that Oxmoor Toyota advertised on its Internet site rather than the higher price that Oxmoor Toyota quotes to customers on its sales lot. There was no such Internet price disclaimer on any of the Oxmoor signs which promised a free BBQ grill to anyone who bought a car.
3. We paid almost $1,300 extra to have our 2009 Toyota Corolla "Certified" on Sunday afternoon, April 3, 2011. "Certified" status claims that the car has gone through a 160-point inspection by a master mechanic. But after we bought the car the right front tire kept going flat, then we discovered that both front tires were completely bald on the inside edges (usually an indication of a serious problem with front-end alignment), with some of the inner tire cord even exposed, creating an extremely dangerous driving hazard in which the front tires could have exploded while driving on the highway.
How could a "master mechanic" doing a 160-point inspection that we paid almost $1,300 for fail to notice bald tires with exposed inner cord that created an extremely dangerous driving hazard? And could a 160-pont inspection really be done in the 1 hour of that Sunday afternoon when our car went from "not Certified" to "Certified"? (It was just 1 hour from when we agreed to have it Certified until the keys were given to us and we drove away.) A finance officer at Oxmoor Toyota then informed me that I am not allowed to cancel the "Certified" agreement and get our $1,300 back, even though the Certified 160-point inspection was obviously never really done in that 1 hour of that Sunday afternoon.
4. While we were signing our purchase papers for the 2009 Toyota Corolla, the finance officer said that he would increase our coverage from "Certified" to "Platinum" for just an extra $2 per month for 60 months = $120. But when I examined the contract afterwards, I discovered that the contract says that we were charged $667 for that increase from Certified coverage to Platinum coverage. So I have gone back to Oxmoor Toyota and cancelled the Platinum agreement, with a promise that we will get a pro-rated $587 refund when the national Toyota office gets around to it.
5. On July 27, 2011, I had a 30-minute meeting with Oxmoor Toyota General Manager John Bererra. After I spent one minute explaining to Mr. Bererra how Ken Towerys Auto Service had showed me the bald tires on the front of my new car that morning, Mr. Bererra insultingly opened with, "So Ken Towerys swindled you, and now you're here to swindle me".
Mr. Bererra then falsely claimed that my service agreement would have covered replacement tires and front-end alignment just so that he could criticize me for getting the replacement tires and alignment at Ken Towery's rather than at Oxmoor Toyota. (The Toyota Certified Platinum service agreement booklet explicitly says that the coverage does not include tires, does not include front-end alignment, does not include any condition which already exists at the time that the service agreement is signed. I did not ask Mr. Bererra to give me such coverage for the bad front tires. I was complaining to Mr. Bererra about the $1,300 Certified 160-point inspection not noting the dangerous bald tires on the front of the car.)
Mr. Bererra criticized me for getting 4 replacement tires instead of just 2 tires at Ken Towery's that morning, and he criticized me for getting 70,000-mile replacement tires rather than 40,000-mile tires at Ken Towery's, even though my decisions on both points were absolutely none of Mr. Bererra's business. Mr. Bererra used a mocking tone of voice every time that he made several references to my being a retired minister. I told Mr. Bererra that I had the two bald tires in the trunk of my car in the parking lot for him to examine them, but he didn't want to see them.
Mr. Bererra's attitude during the entire 30-minute meeting could be summed up as, "We both know that you are a con man, but I might be willing to give you $250 to make you go away". As much as I could have used the money to pay for the replacement tires that I had put on my credit card, I will not accept a $250 check from someone who insultingly calls me a con man while he is handing the check to me, so I refused the implied offer of $250 and I walked away. As I turned to walk away, I informed Mr. Bererra that I was going to take my complaint to the Consumer Protection Division of the Kentucky State Attorney General Office, and he replied "Go ahead".
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2011 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oxmoor-Toyota-Louisville/Louisville-Kentucky-40222/Oxmoor-Toyota-Louisville-dishonesty-of-Oxmoor-Toyota-Louisville-Louisville-Kentucky-762284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.