Complaint Review: Oxmoor Toyota

• Submitted: Sun, December 04, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, December 04, 2005

• Reported By:Mt Washington Kentucky
Oxmoor Toyota
Shelbyville Road Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Oxmoor Toyota - RIPOFF ALL TOGETHER! ripoff - FORCED INTO EXTENED WARRANTY & Tires for life is a joke! Louisville Kentucky

I leased a 2002 Toyota Camry. I had "Tires for Life" as long as I had my service performed by their service department, which I did & have receipts for. I had a belt brake on a tire and took it in, I was rudely told that I had hit something and the tire was not covered. When I asked for the price of a new tire is was approx $125.00, the same tire at Firestone, 1/2 mile down the road was $75.00. I asked them to price match & they would not. I was told that for tires for life, they had to wear EXACTLY evenly, to 2/32nds of a tread (Basically a bald tire, lowest legal limit). I asked if they would ever drive on a 2/32nds of a tread & the service manager said he would not, I asked then why I would be expected to drive on 2/32nds of a tread.

FINANCING: The leases do not include a "Money Factor" which enables you to calculate the "Constant Yield Method" in the Early Termination portion of the lease. I was also told at the time of signing that Toyota Motor Credit REQUIRED the extended warranty to finance the vehicle. I later was informed by Toyota Motor Credit that they never REQUIRED the $1995.00 extended warranty. I have spoken w/ AMEIR who states he doesn't know why that would have happened. I have faxed a letter, written a letter and called for the General Manager who has never called me back.

T l
Mt Washington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2005 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oxmoor-Toyota/Louisville-Kentucky-40243/Oxmoor-Toyota-RIPOFF-ALL-TOGETHER-ripoff-FORCED-INTO-EXTENED-WARRANTY-Tires-for-lif-166854. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oxmoor Toyota