Complaint Review: P C Care 247

• Updated: Thu, March 28, 2013

• Reported By: fschuld — Edmonton Alberta
P C Care 247
Garden City, New York United States of America

P C Care 247 Garden City NY none Advised that my computers were infected with a virus and they would restore them to new Garden City, New York

I contacted HP in regard to my desktop computer's slow performance. They said it was out of warrantee, and they directed me to a link for a service to provide reliable repairs. Since this was about May 1, 2011, I no longer have the web site or links provided. I was called by phone by an individual with an Indian accent to grant him remote access to my computer, before which I had to provide my mastercard number and necessary expiry etc. A window appeared on my screen asking me to grant remote access to my computer, and it appeared that some editing was occurring over a period of a few minutes. I was charged $439.95 US for this service and advised that my computer was fine and the virus was removed. Some of what appeared to be happening was a scan by a Norton Antivirus, which program I had already used. I was also asked to provide access to my laptop, which I did, but they said it was fine. After this, I received phone calls from this agency on several occasions asking to do the same service again for me, but I hung up on then, as I believe I was the victim of a scam. This occurred about 6 times since the original contact from them. I trusted this service initially as it was referred by HP, but as I received no benefit I could discern, I decided I had been taken.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/P-C-Care-247/Garden-City-New-York-/P-C-Care-247-Garden-City-NY-none-Advised-that-my-computers-were-infected-with-a-virus-and-1038936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on P C Care 247