• Submitted: Fri, June 27, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 01, 2008

• Reported By:Lakeside California
P.O. BOX 766 Whitesboro, Texas U.S.A.

P A A - POINTS ACROSS AMERICA Door to Door Magazine Sales Scam Subscription never arrived Whitesboro Texas

*Author of original report: I called and got a live person!!

A gal came to the door selling magazine subscriptions on 12/15/07.She was very personable, talkative, chatting up about the trip she was going to win. Could I help out. Sure. I do this to support the neighborhood kids that I know.

So I ordered a 2 year subscription of Prevention magazine and noted that there was also an $11.00 processing fee.

There is a big yellow disclaimer box on the form indicating to it could take 90 - 150 days for processing. I called last month, and was told the magazine I ordered would ship in June. Monday is the end of the month and so far no magazine and we have two mail delivery days left in the month.

I will call again on Monday, since they are in TX and I am in CA and they are closed already for the day.

Also noted on the back of the card: They do count Saturday as a business day....in case you want to cancel, but I called on a Saturday and they were not open. I find that ironic.

Anyway, I am fairly confident that I too am out the $58.00.I will be calling again on Monday June 30, 2008 first thing in the morning. If I am wrong I will update my post when the magazine shows up.

I won't say I will never do something to support the kids again. But I will definitely be more cautious in the future and I will be posting a "no solicitor's" sign at my door.

Lakeside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2008 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PAA-POINTS-ACROSS-AMERICA/Whitesboro-Texas-76273/P-A-A-POINTS-ACROSS-AMERICA-Door-to-Door-Magazine-Sales-Scam-Subscription-never-arrived-345105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on P.A.A - POINTS ACROSS AMERICA

I called and got a live person!!

AUTHOR: Travlinladie - (U.S.A.)

I spoke with Kelly there at the office.

I provided my reciept number.
She checked on my account. They had a record in the system and notes of the last time I called. She could see in the system that my first magazine should have come in June as they told me in my first call.

She said that "Prevention" told her I should get two in July. The current and previous order.

She also asked me to call back tomorrow.
They would like to comp me an additonal subscription to make up for the trouble.

I will update again when the magazines come in.