Complaint Review: PALISADES COLLECTION, L.L.C.

• Submitted: Fri, July 20, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 20, 2012

• Reported By: tickedoff — Harbor City California United States of America
PALISADES COLLECTION, L.L.C.
210 Sylvan Avenue #1 Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey United States of America

PALISADES COLLECTION, L.L.C. Attempting to collect on a NON-EXISTENT Verizon account Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey

We received a debt collection notice on 7/19/12 in my husband's name for a Verizon account we have never had.  I finally had to input the assigned "Debtor ID #" in order to get to a complicated automated system which finally led me to a live person to talk to.

I had to give the last 4 digits of my husband's Social Security # before the representative would talk to me about the account.  He gave me the Verizon phone number and the date of activation, but said he could not take my word that we had no such account.

I have to send a "dispute" letter to the company and then the may or may not get back to me.  I confirmed with Verizon that the account/phone number does not exist.

My concerns are two-fold:  1) a negative report on my husband's credit, and 2) where the heck did they get his Social Security number?

I researched this company and there are thousands of negative posts about them, and no one can seem to get any redress of grievances.  Their website name says it all:  paypalisades.com!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PALISADES-COLLECTION-LLC/Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-07632/PALISADES-COLLECTION-LLC-Attempting-to-collect-on-a-NON-EXISTENT-Verizon-account-Engl-915013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PALISADES COLLECTION, L.L.C.