rank

• Submitted: Sun, December 07, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 07, 2008

• Reported By:APO Other
PALISADES COLLECTION
210 SYLVAN AVE ENGLEWOOD, New Jersey U.S.A.

PALISADES COLLECTION L Wont Prove it is my account. I have never had Att wireless ENGLEWOOD New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: RE:

*Consumer Comment: Ask for signed copies of the contract

Palisades is the worst, they just showed up on my credit report out of no where. I have never had ATT wireless. I disputed it on my credit and they said they verified the information, although their is nothing to verify. I want these people put of my life, unless they can show me documented proof of the account belonging to me. In this day and age where identity theft is very common especially in us military personnel, this company is taking advantage of everyone. I can see if someone actually had the company and are being pursued but come on...It is not even my account. If anything tell me what City or State the service was in or the address associated with it, but nothing, they say nothing.....
In today's awful economy this is just what society doesn't need, a money hungry, credit ruining, company only concerned about themselves.

Amy
APO

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2008 05:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PALISADES-COLLECTION/ENGLEWOOD-New-Jersey-07632/PALISADES-COLLECTION-L-Wont-Prove-it-is-my-account-I-have-never-had-Att-wireless-ENGLEWOO-398744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PALISADES COLLECTION

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Send a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt to Palisades stating:

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I am requesting written validation of this alleged debt, which includes:

- a copy of the original signed contract with my signature
- validation of the original "Date of Delinquency" for this alleged debt
- validation of the "Date of Last Activity" for this alleged debt
- validation that this alleged debt is within the statute of limitations.

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the burden to validate the debt falls on the debt collector. It is not my responsibility to validate this alleged debt for you. If your firm has the info to place this item on my credit report, then you need no further validation of my identity. Receipt of this validation request is being time stamped by the USPS.

Either validate this alleged debt within the 30 day time period as allowed under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act or remove it from my credit files

If this notation is not removed, I will have no choice by to take legal action per my rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. I also file reports with the Attorney General and the BBB.

Ask for signed copies of the contract

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

When you put a dispute in the info is investigated and if they find that there is documentation the account will stand. However, if the docs they have in fact do not have your signature that is something else.

Request the collection company to send you copies of the documents they have. Send them a certified letter requesting the info.