Complaint Review: PALISADES COLLECTIONS, LLC

• Submitted: Thu, June 24, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, May 16, 2005

• Reported By:durham North Carolina
PALISADES COLLECTIONS, LLC
210 SYLVAN AVE ENGLEWOOD, New Jersey U.S.A.

PALISADES COLLECTIONS, LLC CLASS ACTION POSSIBLITIES AGAINST PALISADES?? ENGLEWOOD New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: Please contact me.....

On June 21, 2004, I was served with a Summons to appear in a Superior Court to answer a Complaint from Palisades Collection,allegedly representing Providian Bank for a debt not paid in March, 2002. This was the time period when Providian Bank had been ordered by the Courts to pay over $300 Million for overcharging customers on "Late Payments" on credit card debts. It was at this time, also, that I Providian Visa, which I had, began expediting the "over charge" for "late fees" on my account.
I protested, and even received a letter from them stating that theey had located my payment, which was not "Late", as they continued to esculate my "Late Fees". My monthly payments went from $32.00 to over $2l5 a month, which I could not pay. Obviously, Providian was attempting to collect that $300 Million from existing and future customers.

Now, Palisades Collections has claimed to have bought that account from Providian and is attempting to collect.

Anyone with any more information or advise is asked to contact me immediately. There may be a "Class Action" filing in Federal Court, by me, if I can get some more parties.

Also, I would appreciate any information about your claims.

James
durham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2004 05:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PALISADES-COLLECTIONS-LLC/ENGLEWOOD-New-Jersey/PALISADES-COLLECTIONS-LLC-CLASS-ACTION-POSSIBLITIES-AGAINST-PALISADES-ENGLEWOOD-New-Jer-96201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PALISADES COLLECTIONS, LLC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Please contact me.....

AUTHOR: Gloria - (U.S.A.)

James, Hi, Gloria from NJ...we gotta talk...Palisades and Pressler are under the gun in NJ...involved in a Commerce Bank scandal....I am looking to file suit as well....Thanks