Complaint Review: PAM WADE

• Submitted: Wed, June 10, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 10, 2009

• Reported By:GUYTON Georgia

On May 15, 09, I bought a 12 y/o American Quarter Pony from Pam Wade on Lucas Road in Cochran, GA 31014. I rode the horse and both of my neighbor's daughters rode the horse. I noticed no problems. Before we left, Pam's husband told me he had trimmed the horse's hooves.

On May 16,09, my daughter rode above noted horse. The horse kept tripping and almost fell with my daughter on her back. My daughter only weighs 58 lbs. I called Pam this same day and explained what had happened. I asked what was wrong with this horse's front left leg. Pam said nothing was wrong with the horse. I continued to question her and she told me she would have to call me back.

Pam called her husband and then called back and spoke with my husband. Pam told my husband that her husband had trimmed the horse's hooves but did not know what he was doing. Pam's husband did not inform me that he had no experience trimming hooves before I left their home on May 15th.

I had my farrier come check the horse. He said the hooves were trimmed inappropriately and because we were riding the horse with the hooves the way they were the horse had a bad sprain on her left leg. The leg was swollen and warm to touch. My farrier recommended I rub the leg with liniment and DMSO and rest the horse for 2 weeks.

I immediately notified Pam about what my farrier said was the problem and what we were going to try. I told her I would call her back in 2 weeks and let her know how the horse was doing.

Almost three weeks later, I attempted to let my daughter ride this horse. The horse is still tripping. The leg is still swollen. I contacted Pam who informed me she would not refund my money. Pam told me it was my fault the horse had a sprain because we were riding her. She said if the sprain was only temporary maybe in a year we would be able to ride the horse. I paid $500.00 for a horse no one can ride. Pam chuckled and said my check had already cleared the bank.

Pam refuses to acknowledge that her inexperienced husband messed this horse's hooves up and will not refund my money. Pam has sold three horses prior to this sale. She told me her horse has navicular and she wants to buy another horse to ride. Pam's husband told her she has to sale some of the horses she already has before buying anymore.

Horse buyers beware of Pam Wade in Cochran, GA. I do not want anyone else to purchase a horse from this person and have problems that she will not acknowledge.

Shanna loper
GUYTON, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2009 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PAM-WADE/COCHRAN-Georgia-31014/PAM-WADE-PAMS-HUSBAND-TRIMMED-HORSES-HOOVES-INAPPROPRIATELY-BECAUSE-HE-LACKED-EXPERIENCE-460474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PAM WADE