Complaint Review: PAULA'S DISCOUNT EYEGLASSES

• Submitted: Wed, March 21, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2012

• Reported By:sayre Pennsylvania
PAULA'S DISCOUNT EYEGLASSES
103 N. LEHIGH AVE. SAYRE, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 570-888-0333
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

PAULA'S DISCOUNT EYEGLASSES PAID FOR GLASSES BUT DID NOT GET WHAT I PAID FOR, RIPOFF! SAYRE Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Long Time to be angry

*Author of original report: BAD PLACE

*Consumer Suggestion: Have you tried...

*Consumer Comment: Paula's discount eyeglasses

*Consumer Comment: Never had a problem.

*Consumer Comment: Great Service

*Author of original report: does not know her job

I PAID 179.99 FOR GLASSES TINTED WITH NO LINE BIFOCALS,WHEN I GOT THE GLASSES THEY DID NOT TINT SO I CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID I ONLY PAID 139.99 AND DID NOT GET TINTED,THEN THEY SAID I PAID 179.99 BUT THEY DID NOT HEAR ME SAY I WANTED TINTED,I HAD 2 OTHER PEOPLE THERE THAT HEARD WHAT I SAID AND WHAT THE PRICE WAS,THIS PLACE SHOULD BE CALLED PAULA'S RIP OFF DISCOUNT EYEGLASSES,

I CALLED ANOTHER EYEGLASS PLACE AND THEY SAID THIS PLACE DOES NOT DO WHAT THEY SAY AND TAKES YOUR MONEY,I HOPE NO ONE GOES TO THIS RIP OFF PLACE,TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THIS PLACE SO THEY DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF LIKE I DID,DON'T FORDET IT IS CALLED PAULA'S RIP OFF DISCOUNT EYEGLASSES,YOU SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN BEFORE YOU RIP OFF TO MANY PEOPLE,I WILL TELL EVERYONE I CAN ABOUT YOU SO NO ONE ELSE CAN GET RIPPED OFF,

John
sayre, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2007 10:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PAULAS-DISCOUNT-EYEGLASSES/SAYRE-Pennsylvania-18840/PAULAS-DISCOUNT-EYEGLASSES-PAID-FOR-GLASSES-BUT-DID-NOT-GET-WHAT-I-PAID-FOR-RIPOFF-SAYR-240177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PAULA'S DISCOUNT EYEGLASSES

Long Time to be angry

AUTHOR: Susie - (United States of America)

Wow!  5 years is a long time to be angry.  Perhaps in that time she has learned from her mistakes.  It just sounds like you are out to get her.  Your point might be better taken if the problem did not occur 5 years ago.

BTW  the site asks you not to type in all caps.  Just an example of how it might have been you who was part of the problem because you did not listen in the beginning or when she may have offered a solution???????

BAD PLACE

AUTHOR: John - (USA)

DO NOT GET YOUR GLASSES HERE EVEN OTHER EYE GLASS PLACES SAID THIS PLACE WAS A RIPPOFF,I AM TALKING ABOUT THE ONE IN SAYRE AND WAVERLY SO THINK ABOUT THIS BEFORE YOU GO HERE,THE PEOPLE WHO SAID THIS PLACE WAS GOOD MUST BE FRIENDS HAHA, JOHN

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Have you tried...

AUTHOR: Nicole - (United States of America)

Simply asking if they will tint the lenses for you?  If they have their own lab, the tinting process takes maybe a half hour tops, depending on the tint you want.  If they have an outside lab, that's a different story.

Everyone else seems to have had great experiences.  Maybe if you put a little more effort into attempting to work something out with them instead of complaining about them here, you may have your tinted lenses already.

Just a suggestion.  If I came on here and saw a customer had smack talked me, I wouldn't be too inclined to help them after reading their rant.  Food for thought.

Paula's discount eyeglasses

AUTHOR: Amy - (United States of America)

I Have NEVER had any issues with Paula's, Friendly people, great service, fair pricing.  When my son's frames broke after the year warranty was up, she still only charged me the $5 replacement fee......I love Paula's!!! They do try to correct bad experiences to the best of their abilities.

Never had a problem.

AUTHOR: rocket - (United States of America)

It's a shame that John had such a poor experience. I have also used Paula's many times over the years for a very active son who tends to sleep with his glasses on!! I have never had anything but the best service in repairing, replacing or readjusting his glasses. Always welcomed when just walked in without calling ahead to request services. Will continue to use this business until the kid can afford his own glasses!

Great Service

AUTHOR: Sandy - (United States of America)

I have been dealing with Paula's for several years now and have had nothing but great service.  Have 3 children who wear glasses and even when they break, they are replaced without question.  If ever not satisfied, they have gone out of their way to correct the issue.  Keep up the great service Paula's!

does not know her job

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

she put the lens in the wrong side,she does not know what she is doing alot of people have had problems with her,she does not make things right,she keeps your money and does not give you what you paid for,she is nothing but a rip off and should be closed down,no one should go to her for nothing,sooner or later she will get hers and be shut down,people will get sick and tired of being screwed,