Complaint Review: PAY POWER / METABANK

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: Brian Chadwick — Miami Florida United States of America

PAY POWER / METABANK Holiday from Hell Internet

What ever you do, DON'T get a prepaid card from this company.

Has I have traveled around Asia many times, I have had my personal checking cards hit by fraudster.

So I thought this time, I will get a prepaid card, and load it with a $1000 for my holiday spends in Thailand.

The card was active, I could phone up and check my balance.

I went to the ATM, and it came up declined.

But I received a message on my iPhone that the transaction has been approved.

So I logged into my PayPower account, and no funds had been debited.

So I tried a different ATM, and same.

So I tried to phone customer services up, and instead of giving me the options once i enter my card details, it transfered me straight to customer services.

The card has been blocked by Risk.

Why don't they just call you to verify it was you trying to use the card, just like any bank will do. Even a normal bank will leave you a voicemail to contact their fraud department to verify, and ublock the card.

Not PayPower / Metabank, its like their risk department is some secret department.

Why do PayPower even have this debit card, they have no control over the use or functions, and basically they just collect commissions.

They are not bothered if you are stranded on the moon. Or even been kicked out the hotel for non payment.  What happened if I had took my children as well.

The ideology of Metabank is so proactive, just very trigger happy, even if you touch your card it will get a block on it.

I had to get my brother, to go to my house, and send by ATM & Credit Cards, which I dis not want to use over here in the first place. Send me a western union, which both incurred $90 fees.

This holiday has cost me more than I had originally planned. All because Metabank are trigger happy.

Will I ever see my $1000 back, I doubt it.  If anyone is filing a lawsuit against these, then please let me know, because I will join, for all the antics.

All customer service do is fob you of in a nice manor.

This company needs to get real.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 10:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PAY-POWER-METABANK/internet/PAY-POWER-METABANK-Holiday-from-Hell-Internet-1006451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PAY POWER / METABANK