• Report: #209242

• Submitted: Sat, September 02, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, September 05, 2006

• Reported By:Independence Kansas
PAYPAL LWPELECTRONICS
202 N Magnolia Dr. Saco, Maine U.S.A.

PAYPAL LWPELECTRONICS erroneous email fraudulent in nature ripoff Saco Maine

*Consumer Comment: Your ranting is pointless Toni

*Consumer Suggestion: PayPal does not care about their customers, so how do you think they feel about non-customers?

*Consumer Suggestion: Your ripoff report is misdirected. - some scammers who were "phishing" for your personal info

I am not a paypal member, no bank account, no credit cards, nothing. I recieved a message informing me of a completed transaction which I did not make, actually could not possibly make.

I researched the net to find this company, and came across your website. After reading the report on my site, I find it funny that they cannot scam me that way, but it is my duty to report this content anyways.

The email stated that I bought a "BRAND NEW NOKIA 8800 CELL PHONE" and payed a complete amount of $474.99 USD. The name used for this "transaction" was one Bill Chang of PAYPAL LWPELECTRONICS, a phoney business. When going to the Dispute Transaction button, it brought me to the following link: http://barney.no-ip.info/family/.refundacc_lwpelectronics_paymentidPP123544/cmd_run/ssl-secure_encrypted/login.htm . I thought that I was hit by a virus by what this brought up, and am currently running AV on it.

Just to rectify, this is almost funny to me as I do not have a PayPal account. I would recommend others to beware of the scam, and be knowledgable in your bills until this company is taken care of.

Buddy
Independence, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2006 11:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PAYPAL-LWPELECTRONICS/Saco-Maine-04072/PAYPAL-LWPELECTRONICS-erroneous-email-fraudulent-in-nature-ripoff-Saco-Maine-209242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PAYPAL LWPELECTRONICS

Your ranting is pointless Toni

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

I have read your rants against Paypal regarding this situation only. If you have another problem with them, so be it, but this scam has nothing to do with Paypal. The scammers send thousands of emails a day to people regardless if they have a Paypal account or not. It doesn't matter to them.

The scam is just like emails I receive saying to update my WAMU account, but I don't have a WAMU bank account, but you don't see me complaining about WAMU. Unfortunately, there are many dishonest people in this world, trying to make a buck off us. This is mostly originating in Nigeria and India, and again, it has nothing to do with Paypal.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Toni - (U.S.A.)

PayPal is complicit in these attempts by scammers to obtain the personal information of unsuspecting suckers because they are not doing enough to stop these con men!!!

PayPal does not care about anything other than the $$$Almighty Dollar$$$!!!

AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS SCUMMY COMPANY!!!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Robin - (U.S.A.)

That email did not come from paypal and has NOTHING to do with paypal. It was some scammers who were "phishing" for your personal info. Since most people have paypal, they were baiting you to see if you would sign in so they could access your account and use it fraudulantly.

They do with ebay, major banks, even email accounts like yahoo, aol, etc.

Paypal did not do anything wrong in this scenario.