Complaint Review: PBC - Professional Bureau of Collections

• Reported By: Cassssssss — parma Ohio United States of America
PBC - Professional Bureau of Collections

PBC - Professional Bureau of Collections Rip Off Central! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Gang of Thieves

I had a dillards credit card that had a balance of $160 when I lost my job. Unable to pay the account was charged off. WHen I did get another job I contacted Dillards to settle the debt, they said it had been charged off and that I would be contacted by an outside company. I was contacted by a very nice young lady who set up payments of $25/month on an almost $500 balance (which is absurd but thats the name of the game when something gets charged off). Anyways, I again was laid off from my job, but found a new job rather quickly. I called PBC and informed them that I could not make my $25 payment b/c I was behind on other bills. This was 10/05/09, I adivsed them that I could pay the ENTIRE BALANCE if they would wait until 10/31/2009 for the payment. They said taht since I was paying the whole thing they could settle for $242.00. I thought that was great, until I went to get gas and my card was declined. WHen I called National City Bank's 800 #, they told me that a payment of $242 had posted to my account. Needless to say it overdrafted my account and I got 4 overdraft fee's. I got all of the information needed and I faxed it to PBC who said that they would refund all of my money and fee's right away. Well, I called the next day to see where they were in the process, and they put me on hold and never came back; this happened everyday for almost a week. I went to NCB and disputed the charge, my bank refunded my money with no problem. It was only then that PBC called me back. It turns out the my bank stopped the check in time before it actually cleared into their bank account. That explains why I finally got a return phone call. Dispite my RAGE for this company, I still want to settle my debt, I talked to a lady, whom for lack of better words sounded kind of ghetto. I advised her that I wanted a letter stating the terms of the settlement, and once I recieved that, I would snail mail a cashiers check for the balance (per legal advise I recieved). I was advised that would take too long but she could fax me the settlement letter. I told her that I would call when I was at work and give her the number of a private fax machine. This time they would not even answer the phones. I have told the campany to kiss my a$$ and that even if it costs me more money, I would rather settle this in court. In June when I started working again I had an estimated $15,000 in charged off CC debt, I am down to just about $3000. Its ashame that because this place is ran by a bunch of underdevoped nanderthals, I can not settle a small debt.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2009 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PBC-Professional-Bureau-of-Collections/internet/PBC-Professional-Bureau-of-Collections-Rip-Off-Central-Internet-527216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PBC - Professional Bureau of Collections

Gang of Thieves

AUTHOR: Philip Hawes - (United States of America)

PBC says I owe them around $500 because I quit paying Gold's Gym in Monterey, CA. That gym has a contract from Satan. I was lied to about what the contract said (1 yr membership instead of month-to-month, equipment fees, fees to cancel, etc.). The fact that PBC would try to collect on such a shifty claim is proof enough for me that they are a rip-off. I won't pay them one cent and if anyone wants to sue them in a class-action lawsuit, I am in.