Complaint Review: PC-Bug Repair.com

• Submitted: Mon, December 27, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, December 27, 2010

• Reported By: Magsterma — Garden City Michigan United States of America
PC-Bug Repair.com

PC-Bug Repair.com "alan marks" On 12/26/2010 I was using my computer to play games on pogo.com site. I generally check my emails when I am logged onto Internet Explorer. Well, I had an email from facebook which stated that I had 2 Internet

On 12/26/2010, I was on my computerplaying games on pogo.com and I generally check my emails while I'm on the internet explorer site. I checked one mail and it said it was from Facebook and that I had 2 messages to look at. I clicked on that area and from that point on, PC-Bug took over my computer. I was not able to use any tools in which to remove it. It kept popping up stating that I had 32 virus' and worms.

I eventually paid the $79.95 and they removed them all and I rebooted, then sent them a note stating that their program did not fix my problems and that I wanted a refund and I was sending a copy of the email I sent them to the Attorney General for the State of Michigan, Mike Cox.

Within minutes I got an email stating that they had cancelled my charges and it would take 7-10 days to show up in my bank account. I checked my bank account and there was the debit for $79.95 and the credit for $79.95.

These people are thiefs, they take over your computer and there is nothing you can do to stop it. I live on social security (less than $800) a month and I surely cannot afford $79.95 for something out of my control. This is my computer and they had no right to take it from me. And I watch every email and do not open those in spam, however, this was not in spam and looked like the facebook site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2010 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Bug-Repaircom/internet/PC-Bug-Repaircom-alan-marks-On-12262010-I-was-using-my-computer-to-play-games-on-pogo-675502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC-Bug Repair.com