Complaint Review: PC CARE 247

• Submitted: Wed, January 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By: Anon — Wichita Kansas United States of America
PC CARE 247

PC CARE 247 sent me a warning that my computer had been hacked when in fact it had not. Internet

I was using my computer to check my email when a warning showed up saying my computer had been hacked. I couldn't get rid of the message so I went to the site to find out what was going on. Their website led me to believe they were a microsoft affiliate when they actually were not. Anyway, to makea long story short they badgered me into buying to software to protect my computer to the tune of $400 and then asked if I had any other computers. My wife has a laptop so they said that it was infected also and they would fix it for $400. I was a little frantic at that time and agreed to pay. Well they didn't  install any software on my wife's computer as they said they would and acted like they didn't know what I was talking about when I called them. Upon doing a little more research, I found out that all the software installed on my computer were free versions of anti virus anti malware etc. By now, I'm really furious so I called my credit card company and filed a dispute with them over the charges. This is pending and since the company is located in India it is doubtful that I will be able to recover the charges on my card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-CARE-247/internet/PC-CARE-247-sent-me-a-warning-that-my-computer-had-been-hacked-when-in-fact-it-had-not-I-817994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC CARE 247