- Report: #832376
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: PC Care 24/7
PC Care 24/7Internet United States of America
PC Care 24/7 PC Support 24/7 coercion, bad business practice, misrepresentation, deceit, poor value Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) Her Norton Antivirus supposedly did not boot up this morning.
2) She did what she could to trouble shoot it.
3) She went looking for Symantec support in Google
4) Their advertisement was the third paid one in the responses and included an 800 number in the advertisement (well done, I bet they get a lot of suckers that way.)
5) She called the 800 number without clicking on the link. (Saved them the click!! Well done again)
6) Their "technician" answered.
7) She asked if she had reached Norton support and he assured her that she had.
8) She expalined the problem and he connected to her system.
9) He "discovered" "a couple of thousand hacker intrusions" that he would fix for $390 (only $300 more than Norton would have charged for the same service)
10) He offered to recover her "old files" for only $190 more. (what?, so after milking her for 4X the Norton rate, he wanted to up the ante to 6X the Norton rate)
11) he processed the payment before starting any work. (Well he wouldn't want to be ripped off for all of his hard work, would he?)
12) He hung up, promising to call her back when the work was done. (this effectively eliminated her opportunity to terminate the service or even to ask questions, my guess is he just started an automatic diagnostics and virus removal and started another call)
12) He ran remote diagnostics and added a free version of Malwarebytes (Didn't he claim to be a Norton Tech?)
This company preys on the Naive and Stupid. No one can say they don't offer a service but their sales paractices are repugnant and the rates they charge are nowhere close to competitive. The only defense against these companies is to get the word out that:
1) A basic computer service with optimization and virus removal should cost you between $80-$120 from any reputable computer service company.
2) If it seems like a technician is trying to baffle you with techno-mumbo-jumbo then they are and you should terminate ypour relationship with them immediately.
3) Don't click on paid advertisements in google. Organic results are at the top because they're the most reliable and well connected. Even then, ensure that you are on website you think you are before trusting it. Look at the URL in the navigation bar and ensure that the name before the dot is the proper one (company.com) and that your are not on a sub-URL (company.someoneelse.com)
4) Shop around and educate yourself, don't just accept what some stranger you contacted online is telling you.
5) When you are reseaching a company, go to google and type in the company name and "fraud" or "complaints" and read the results before you consider doing business with them.
6) If you fall prey to the scammer and have second thoughts, unplug your internet connection; call you credit card company and tell them the service was not provided; get the service provided by a reputable company and submit the bill to the credit card company to prove the servoice was not provided by these scammers.
I really hope that my mother in law can get her money back from the credit card company. I really hope that all of those connected with this company who behave in this dishonorable fashion find themselves being cheated in life on a regular and continual basis. Karma sucks.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2012 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Care-247/internet/PC-Care-247-PC-Support-247-coercion-bad-business-practice-misrepresentation-deceit-p-832376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)