Complaint Review: PC-Cleaner, XSpy, & Premium Support

• Updated: Wed, May 07, 2008

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
PC-Cleaner, XSpy, & Premium Support
ultimatepayment.com Internet U.S.A.

PC-Cleaner, XSpy, & Premium Support Pop-ups I can't stop, fraudulent sale of software which doesn't fix problem they said I had Internet

Began seeing a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the center, warning me of some sort of threat. Upon clicking it, a window pops up which said I had a virus. To fix it I needed PC-Cleaner, whose window pops up and which I can purchase for $39.95. It never worked and I still can't get the warning triangle in my toolbar to go away, nor the window's with virus alerts.

It's obviously a scam to scare you into buying software (which doesn't work anyway). Also I was debited for a total of $94.95 by something called BILLINGSVC.COM 2063579 and another debit for $69.05 by BILLINGSVC.COM 2063579.

Then I received two e-mails from support@ultimatepayment.com confirming my purchases. I sent return e-mails two days later stating I didn't want the product and to stop payment immediately. No answer yet. When trying to call (800 467-1067), I waited 16 minutes in the queue, only to be told they couldn't take any more calls and to call back later. How strange, don't you think?

I am angry and embarrassed that I was scammed to the tune of $165 for nothing. However, I submit this report so that, hopefully it may help stop this scam and creat some justice in this sort of thing.

Carl
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2008 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Cleaner-XSpy-Premium-Support/internet/PC-Cleaner-XSpy-Premium-Support-Pop-ups-I-cant-stop-fraudulent-sale-of-software-whic-331068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC-Cleaner, XSpy, & Premium Support