Complaint Review: PC Cleaner .com

• Submitted: Wed, February 01, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 01, 2012

• Reported By: terterific — Oak View California United States of America
PC Cleaner .com

PC Cleaner .com your computer will never work again even if you buy a new one Internet

*Consumer Comment: I would agree that this is a Ripoff company, but....

I clicked on to PC Cleaner because I was having problems.  After doing this my computer was constantly being blasted with their pc cleaner advertising.  I tried to remove the site and was unsuccesful.  I finally got a phone number and then the trouble really started.  I was told they needed remote access to remove their program. After a ten to twenty minute computer scan remotely the guy told me all the huge problems I had.  I had so many problems that it could not be fixed and tha I could go to Best Buy but that would take about a week to get fixed.  I could go to Staples and the same thing these could cost as much as 650.00 dollars and no guarantee that it would last any longer than a year and would have to do it all over again.  Then he said Microsoft could do it remote and it would only take about ten minutes at a cost of 500.00 dollars with a life time guarantee. I told him I don't have 500.00 dollars then he said 250.00 dollars I told him I did not have any viruses or any problems until his pc cleaner program infected my computer.  Then he hung up.  I went to my computer guy at Right-Click he fixed it in 5 minutes and told me about these rip of computer programs. It cost me 15.00 dollars for the little time he spent super nice company. He said these companies are all over the internet and have really picked up since the first of the year. He said they are over seas and not much we can do about it.  It is good they are over seas I don,t know what I would do if they were close buy.

Thanks for listing this compaint

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2012 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Cleaner-com/internet/PC-Cleaner-com-your-computer-will-never-work-again-even-if-you-buy-a-new-one-Internet-832446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Cleaner .com

I would agree that this is a Ripoff company, but....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

how could what they did affect a new computer, if you were to buy one?