Complaint Review: PC Cleaner

• Reported By: fillerup — Creswell Oregon United States of America
PC Cleaner

PC Cleaner After charging $225 introduced FBI scam into my computer Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: PCHS Info

In April, I installed pccleaner off of the internet($29.97). Report showed many problems. I called their 800#. For $225 their certified Microsoft tech would fix problems. I paid CC to Safecart. They took control of computer by remote. Problems began to multiply. ie: could not get windows updates, could not run defrag, I tunes would lock up. After several days over several weeks(I would call, they would take control) I then got a FBI warning to pay money because I had downloaded something unauthorized. Which was not true.My computer was totally locked up. I took my computer to the Geek Squad and they had to scrub the computer, along with the pccleaner program(thankfully). I have not called back,I don't want anything to do with them. My concern now is the annual re-charge that I may be facing. I guess I will absorb the $225, what a shame, what a sham.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2012 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Cleaner/internet/PC-Cleaner-After-charging-225-introduced-FBI-scam-into-my-computer-Internet-942577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Cleaner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

PCHS Info

AUTHOR: PCHS info - (Canada)

Hello,

It's very unfortunate to hear of these internet scams with programs that don't even provide the most basic of functionality. We at PC HelpSoft are always disappointed to hear of these sorts of cases which give a black eye to legitimate companies with strong software products such as our own.

Your best bet in avoiding the fraudulent credit card charges would be:

1) Contact your credit card company and have them reverse the charges and if not possible,

2) Contact SafeCart directly and have them reverse the payment. It's exceedingly likely you aren't the first person to have these problems but we can hope you are the last!

Best of luck in recovering your charges,
PCHS info