Complaint Review: PC Connection, Inc

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2008

• Reported By:Blanca Colorado
PC Connection, Inc
730 Milford Road Merrimack, New Hampshire U.S.A.

PC Connection, Inc Terrible customer service Merrimack New Hampshire

*Author of original report: Update

Two weeks ago I ordered an ipod classic from this company. It arrived DOA. The minute I hooked it up to my computer an error message came up saying the unit couldn't be synced with the device. The first thing I did was call Apple and spent about an hour on the phone. It was finally determined the iPod was defective. I then called PC Connection's customer service who said I would have to ship it back at my expense, have them test it, and if it was determined it was defective, I would have to pay a 15% restocking fee. I'm not sure what they were going to do after that. It was then I knew I had a problem. I sent several e-mails to their company, no response. I faxed them a letter, no response. I finally got an e-mail from Keith McKane who apologized for the "radio silence", whatever that means. I then filed a complaint with the BBB. I also sent e-mails to two other companies they own in the hope they would forward the complaint. To date they refunded the return shipping and now I'm waiting on the full refund for the iPod itself. The first CSR I spoke to could care less about me receiving a defective item. My advice would be to shop elsewhere. They don't care about the hassle a customer has to go through when they sell a defective product.

Robert
Blanca, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2008 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Connection-Inc/Merrimack-New-Hampshire-00354/PC-Connection-Inc-Terrible-customer-service-Merrimack-New-Hampshire-299980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Connection, Inc

Update

AUTHOR: Upset Customer - (U.S.A.)

Five days after my USPS tracking number confirmed they received the iPod back in their warehouse, they still haven't processed my refund. I sent them an e-mail to tell them it's been returned and received, they ignored my e-mail and never responded. This is further proof this company doesn't care about their customer's. The same day they received the iPod back at their warehouse, I returned an item at one of the large chain stores. The refund appeared on my credit card the next day. It always amazes me how companies think they are doing you a "favor" by refunding you your hard earned money when they sell you a defective product.