Complaint Review: PC Experts 247 LLC

• Reported By: Duped by PC Expert247 —
PC Experts 247 LLC
Internet USA

PC Experts 247 LLC Duped into believing they were AVG Internet

I had an issue with my computer (hacked) and AVG would not install.  I contacted what I thought was AVG US.  The technician identified himself as AVG tech support (complete with id number/name)  and proceeded to repair my computer after I paid $159.95 for what I thought was an anti-hacker program/repair.  I attempted to review my AVG account order history and the transaction was not listed.  I contacted AVG US and was told that I had been scammed and that AVG would not have installed the software that this "AVG imposter" installed on my computer.  I contacted the number the given to me yesterday after the repair and was told to call back later since there was no one there to assist me on Sunday (24/7 ?).  I requested a refund due to the fact they fraudulently identified themselves as AVG tech support which they are NOT!  I will call back and try to straighten this mess out on Monday.  My advice to other consumers:  Stick will companies recommended by Dell, Inc which is Dell Concierge service and support.  Due to my experience, I will discontinue AVG US and only hope that Dell Concierge can help me get all this crap off my computer.  I will also pursue a refund from PC Experts 247 due to their misrepresentation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2014 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Experts-247-LLC/internet/PC-Experts-247-LLC-Duped-into-believing-they-were-AVG-Internet-1167036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Experts 247 LLC