Complaint Review: PC Health Kit

• Updated: Thu, July 04, 2013

• Reported By: Glen — Crestview Florida
PC Health Kit
Internet USA

PC Health Kit AKA Safecart Safecrt collects money, PH Healthkit infects your computer with malware Internet

I kept getting ads appearing from PC Health Kit while downloading and setting up an AVG Free download. I thought they were connected. I signed up for their $29.95 "Ripoff Special".

After payng through Safecart, I was prompted to call a toll free # (855 823 2574) for activation. The guy said he was in New Delhi, kept me on the phone for a long time after I let him connect to my PC. Later he shows me some stuff in my files saying this needs further attention. He then gives me to the hardsell jerk trying to sell me a two year warrantee suppossedly with Best Buy and Geek Squad. He got very short and huffy once I finally convinced him I am not buying aything more.

OK, so after all this, I can't open the program, only get more prompts to buy it. So I called the number back insisting on a refund. The guy tried to get me to let him back into my computer!!!! I kept insisting, and he pretended to take a long time writing down my email to send me the form. I then clled Safecart. Of course all they had to say was they are meely contracted to process the money (from Canada).

I promptly downloaded Malware Bytes (Free) and ran a scan. Sure enough, four malware items found and quarantined, all with the PC Health Kit name!!!!

The good news is that I got my refund witin a day or two. The bad news is I must now reformat my desktop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Health-Kit/internet/PC-Health-Kit-AKA-Safecart-Safecrt-collects-money-PH-Healthkit-infects-your-computer-wit-1064434. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Health Kit