Complaint Review: PC Help Station

• Submitted: Tue, August 28, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 25, 2012

• Reported By: Abby — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
PC Help Station

PC Help Station pchelpstation.com Scam, Deception, Upselling, Access, rip off , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: HitmanPro

When I googled linkys for support on my wireless router this number appeared: 1-800-548-0614. The man that assisted was from India. I told them I needed my password so that I could connect my laptop to my wireless router. They had me login to www.loginme123.com. to gain remote access to my computer. They began to run all these scans once they had remote access. I bought a brand new computer today and they told me I had 600+ registry errors. They were using Vit Registry to scan my computer. They then said they cannot locate my password(security key) for my wireless router because there were too many errors. They said for a "nominal fee" I would need to buy a product to clean the registry. They then took me to another website called Hitman Pro and showed me a bunch of charges. The cheapest was $99 plus tax. They kept telling me I had to have this and they would throw in the virus protection for the year. They tried to upsell me on a $249 plan. I got this gut wrenching feeling that something was wrong. They kept calling me from 1-888-885-1802 to get my credit card information. I decided to do more research and get the official linkys phone number which is 1-800-326-7114. I got connected to a lady named Rachel and she told me that the only thing they charge for is tech support if you need it and it is  $29.99 or $39.99. I gave her the number I called and the one the man called me from. She said they were not affiliated with linkys. I ended up getting my problem resolved with the real linkys at no cost.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Help-Station/internet/PC-Help-Station-pchelpstationcom-Scam-Deception-Upselling-Access-rip-off-Internet-934010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Help Station

HitmanPro

AUTHOR: hw - (Netherlands)

I do not know whether this complaint is right or wrong.

I work for SurfRight. Our product HitmanPro - mentioned in the article - is sold on our web site for 19.95 for an annual subscription. PC HelpStation uses our HitmanPro product to remove viruses and other malware from the computer. It is not intended to find any registry problems.

Therefore, the mentioning of HitmanPro used to falsely find registry errors is not correct.