On 1/11/2012, I contacted HP regarding a problem I was having with my HP Photosmart C4680 printer. I was referred to PC Revital because my warranty had expired. PC Revital fixed the problem at a cost in excess of $100. The technician then suggested I consider a service contract and after going through the numbers, I purchased a contract which included the cost of the HP repair.
In July, I had another problem and a family member with a degree in computer science resolved the problem and I paid him for the repair. Approximately a year before that, his wife, who was the breadwinner in the family of three, had suffered a ruptured brain aneurism and became totally dependent upon her husband for her care. She ended up on disability and the family had to seek welfare to get by. I decided that he could provide the same services as PC Revital and I would rather give him the work.
On 7/4/2102, I called PC Revital and explained my situation; and so began an astounding period of six (6) months of cat and mouse. Early on, PC Revital offered me a refund of $210. to which I agreed. They claim they tried to credit the credit card that I had used to purchase the service but that it had been closed. In reality, the security group from the credit card company had called me to advise me of a transaction which I could not confirm and which they were confident that it was an attempt at identity theft. They closed the account immediately and sent me cards for a new account with the assurance that any legitimate transaction from the old account would automatically be transferred to the new account, and several were transferred without any problem.
At that point, they decided that a transfer from their bank (India I believe) would be the best course of action and I provided transfer instructions twice. Nothing happened. On 11/19/2012, I opened a "ticket" to check the status of my refund request and never received an answer. I did the same thing on 11/27/2012 with the same results.
On 12/10/2012, I received an email from the Support Team advising me that they had forwarded my request to "our USA Account Department" with the hope that I would receive a bank wire within the week and that they would "send you confirmation mail of bank wire. You may take following next Monday again (If you would not get refun by this week)."
On 1/1/2013, a Mr. Graeme Cohen called me and told me that he was a senior executive of the company and that he would take care of the matter, either by check or postal order, and would call me back the following day and tell me the form of payment he would use. He gave to me what he claimed was his personal cell phone number (323-864-2089). He did not call me as promised and so I called the number he gave me. I reached an answering machine and left him a message to call. The same happened on 1/4/2013 with the same results.
I have made many calls since 7/4/2012 and I have not received a return phone call once. I have kept a record on most of the phone calls and can pinpoint at least 20 callls. Each call I made resulted in promises to return my call anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes, up to 48 hours. None were returned.
Haddonfield, New Jersey