Complaint Review: PC TOOLS

• Submitted: Sun, April 24, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, April 24, 2011

• Reported By: mesherman — Farmington Maine United States of America
PC TOOLS

PC TOOLS A company with a defective product and a corporate ethic of "let the buyer beware". Internet

I installed PC TOOLS SpywareDoctor with Antivirus 2011 on my new HP Notebook (running Windows 7 Home Premium) immediately after purchasing the notebook.  As the days went by, I began experiencing unusual problems:  programs would suddenly run very slow and sometimes would lock up completely, requiring a hard reset to unlock the computer.

After weeks of tearing out what hair I have left, and spending hours with HP's tech support staff (I thought the problem was hardware related) I decided to remove the PC Tools software and see what happened.  Lo and behold, all of my problems disappeared!

I called PC Tools and related my experience and they basically let me know they couldn't have cared less.  The many hours I wasted and the work I lost because of their software didn't even elicit an apology.  All they would say was "Yes, we've experienced some problems."  My request for a refund of my purchase price of their software was denied.

It's really a detriment to the software industry to have a totally uncaring company like PC Tools in the software business.  I would strongly recommend that no one do business with PC Tools.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2011 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-TOOLS/internet/PC-TOOLS-A-company-with-a-defective-product-and-a-corporate-ethic-of-let-the-buyer-bewar-721507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC TOOLS