Complaint Review: PC Tools, Digital River, Spyware Doctor, Maestro, Registry Mechanic

• Submitted: Tue, March 03, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 03, 2009

• Reported By:Lyndhurst Ohio
PC Tools, Digital River, Spyware Doctor, Maestro, Registry Mechanic
Unclear Nationwide Ireland

PC Tools, Digital River, Spyware Doctor, Maestro, Registry Mechanic Company engages in unauthorized subscription renewals even after I requested renewals to stop Dublin Ireland

Spyware Doctor, Maestro, Registry Mechanic are marketed in the US under the name of PCTools. The company overseeing the operation is unclear - it appears to be Digital River or Element5 which appear to based in Ireland and/or Germany. Last year my subscriptions for Spyware Doctor, Registry Mechanic and Maestro were renewed without my authorization. I contacted the company and informed that I did not have there software on any computer I owned or used. I had removed the software because I found it to be intrusive and it slowed computer functioning. After a long round of repeated e-mail communications, I finally got the company to remove the charges and was told that they would not recur. The company lied. My subscription to Spyware Doctor was just renewed with any authorization. I find that the business policies for PCTools is deplorable and outright dishonest.
Bob
Cleveland, Ohio

Robert ruff
Lyndhurst, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2009 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Tools-Digital-River-Spyware-Doctor-Maestro-Registry-Mechanic/nationwide/PC-Tools-Digital-River-Spyware-Doctor-Maestro-Registry-Mechanic-Company-engages-in-una-430225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Tools, Digital River, Spyware Doctor, Maestro, Registry Mechanic