invited

Complaint Review: PC Tools Inc

• Submitted: Sun, February 12, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, February 12, 2012

• Reported By: Peggy — Broadview Hts Ohio U.S.A.
PC Tools Inc
350 Ellis Street Internet United States of America

PC Tools Inc SCAM DON'T PURCHASE WILL BILL YOU IN SPITE OF CANCELLING THEN REFUND DAYS LATER! Internet

*Author of original report: Remedy to stop them from auto billing

I had anti Spyware with PC Tools.
On 1/20/12 before it came time to renew, I received an email telling me that I should stop my auto renewal if I don't want my subscription to renew.  I canceled out of the automatic renewal on 1/20/2012. I have paperwork showing that my cancellation was successful. Today, on 2/12/2012 PC Tools sent me an email saying that they deducted the money fron my account automatically. This was an unauthorized transaction. The amount was $39.99. In spite of my cancellation over a month ago, PC Tools took it upon themselves to still remove the money from my bank and now they emailed me saying it will take up to 14 days to see a refund. This is illegal and they need to stop this.
Product Name: PC Tools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus
They make sure no matter what link you click on, they will not give you a phone number for customer support. [continued below]....
..... You go in circles trying to find out contact information. This company is nothing but a big fraud. The phone number I got was from whois.net.

PC Tools tells you phone chat is available to those who have a license. When they automatically renewed my subscription, they give you a link to cancel. This should have never been sent to me, because I canceled my auto renew on 1/20/2010.

My cancellation paper work says that "my subscription will expire on March 4, 2012 unless I renew via the link on My PC Tools to continue receiving uninterrupted use of your software." I am not happy that I have to wait 2 weeks for a refund for a withdrawal that I canceled.

They need to be investigated and need to stop this fraudulent activity. They unlawfully removing money from people's accounts when they do not have the authority to do so.

I reported them to the California Attorney General's office and the BBB.org.
This is the public information I found out about them from whois.net...
Registrant:
      Symantec Corporation
      Domain Manager
      350 Ellis Street
      Mountain View, CA 94043
      US
      Email: domains@symantec.com
   Registrar Name....: CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
   Registrar Whois...: whois.corporatedomains.com
      Mountain View, CA 94043
      US
      Phone: +1.6505278000
      Email: domains@symantec.com

BBB gives them a C rating
66 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 64 closed in last 12 months

Complaint Type
Advertising / Sales Issues 11
Billing / Collection Issues 34
Problems with Product / Service 21

BBB says Additional Complaint Information
Our complaint history for this company shows the company gave proper consideration to some complaints presented by the Bureau. Although in some cases the company failed to respond to complaints.

Prior to February 2011, this company's complaints were handled by the BBB in Oakland, CA. During their three year reporting period, up until February 2011, they process 117 reportable complaints. The complaints no our record only reflect those filed after Februray 2011.

THIS IS OUTRIGHT THEFT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2012 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Tools-Inc/internet/PC-Tools-Inc-SCAM-DONT-PURCHASE-WILL-BILL-YOU-IN-SPITE-OF-CANCELLING-THEN-REFUND-DAYS-838171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Tools Inc

Remedy to stop them from auto billing

AUTHOR: Peggy - (U.S.A.)

I tell everyone they should go to their bank and report their credit/debit cards lost or stolen every six months. Everyone who then has your card number will no longer be able to use it, because you will get a new number with your new credit/debit card. I am doing that tomorrow.