Complaint Review: PC Tools, PC Doctor

• Submitted: Mon, October 17, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, July 28, 2007

• Reported By:Houston Texas
PC Tools, PC Doctor
One Embarcadero Center San Francisco, California U.S.A.

PC Tools, PC Doctor Registry Mechanic Rip-Off by PC Tools San Francisco California

*Consumer Comment: No problems ever with Registry Mechanic or PcTools

*Consumer Comment: Registry Mechanic works great

On September 19, 2005, i purchased a software that was supposed to improve the speed of my software from PCTools. After paying $40 online, i was given a registration code to enter in to be able to download the so-called software. I tried it several times but could not download. I then waited until the CD which i had ordered along with it came in the mail. I tried to load the sofware but had the same difficulty. I then emailed PCTools customer service and reported my problem. I got a silly email telling me that i probabaly was not following directions. I told the guy i had downloaded software online many times before but still went back to try downloading the software. I could not. I then asked them to refund my money. They then emailed me a complicated procedure that would involve me downloading something from their site, faxing some documents to them, and then sending their CD. In short, it would take forever for me to get my money back. It is clear that these guys are just ripping off people. Their software is a fluke. They willl just steal your money without any service. i have already fallen prey; buyer beware!!!
Edwin Baiye

Edwin
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2005 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Tools-PC-Doctor/San-Francisco-California-94111/PC-Tools-PC-Doctor-Registry-Mechanic-Rip-Off-by-PC-Tools-San-Francisco-California-161009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Tools, PC Doctor

No problems ever with Registry Mechanic or PcTools

AUTHOR: Ed - (U.S.A.)

In two years I never had problems with Registry Mechanic. PcTools renewed my Antivirus against my wishes as I quit using it. I sent an email and promptly got my refund. I also use their Spyware Doctor and have had no problems. Check your pc. It or the operater has problems.

Registry Mechanic works great

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I have it on all 3 of my computers. Bought it a while back, downloaded online, and got the CD for future use. I followed the easy to follow directions and have had no problems.