Complaint Review: PC Tools Software

• Updated: Sat, May 26, 2012

• Reported By: Chris Mc — Wichita Kansas United States of America
PC Tools Software
350 Ellis Street Mountain View CA, 94043 Internet United States of America

PC Tools Software Automatic Billed my Bank Account - Cannot get REFUND Internet, Internet

Was contacted via email from PC Tools aks Spyware Doctor about automatic renewal of their servic...see below.

Renewal Information:Product Name: Spyware Doctor

License Code: 7188-664A-B502-2CE2-57DC-4869-2AA8-2223-B824-E71D

Subscription Expiry Date: April 19, 2013

I emailed back that I did not want their service any longer. I was emailed a response that a refund was processed. When I did not receive my refund I sent them an email...I have sent the requested info and still not received my refund as of 4/23/2012, including a transcript of my online chat stating the same.

PC Tools said it was processed on 3/30/2012

After the 10-15 business days they said to wait I again sent them an email and records of my Bank Acct. (no numbers shown) showing no refund.

They responded that they RE PROCESSED the refund ( no reason given why the first one did not go thru)...they said that Cust Svc, starts the process but their ACCT department sends it out. This is the email they sent back...

Hi Chris, thank you for contacting PC Tools.
We do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
As what I've said, based on your record with us it shows that the refund of $29.99 renewal charge was successfully processed, however for some unknown reason it didn't show up on your account. I have already escalated this issue to the Billing Escalations and they just sent confirmation that the $29.99 has already been credited. Since the refund was manually reprocessed all you have to do is to wait for another 10 to 15 business days from April 24, 2012 for the refund to appear in your account statement.

I waited the full 30 days for my billing cycle and still have not received the refund.

I am filing a claim with my Bank on the next business day. Isent another email and they have not responded back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2012 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Tools-Software/internet/PC-Tools-Software-Automatic-Billed-my-Bank-Account-Cannot-get-REFUND-Internet-Internet-888840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Tools Software