Complaint Review: PC Tools

• Submitted: Tue, September 07, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 07, 2010

• Reported By: Pat b — Allen Texas U.S.A.
PC Tools
Brookvale Plaza, East Park, Shann Internet United States of America

PC Tools Spyware Doctor Lied About Refund , Internet

I requested a refund ($39.95) on a renewal for Spyware Doctor that was charged to my debit card (NOT credit card).  I received an email stating that my refund was processed on July 27, 2010.  Because I used a debit card, the refund should have hit my bank account within 1-2 days (per Bank of America).  It has been 41 days later and still no refund.  The only contact information I have is email, and every inquiry I make as to the status of the refund, the only response I get is that "the refund was processed on July 27, 2010" and I received an "email confirmation".  When I requested a confirmation number or some evidence of the refund was charged back to my debit card, I got no response.  This company was recommended in PC World and it now makes be question the reliability of PC World's recommendations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2010 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Tools/internet/PC-Tools-Spyware-Doctor-Lied-About-Refund-Internet-638392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Tools