Complaint Review: PC Tools

pctools.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-764-5783
  • Web:
  • Category: Software

PC Tools, Spyware Doctor Technical support doesn't know how to fix computers San Francisco, Boulder California, Colorado

We noticed our computer getting slow, so we purchased PC Tools Spyware Doctor to make things run more smoothly. We paid over $60 for this software because it was supposedly one of the best.

After we installed it on the computer, we had more problems then we had before. We were continually getting viruses, spyware, and malware.
We would contact PC Tools about fixing the problem, but they could never figure out how to fix it. Usually they would say it had been escalated to the top technician, and I would never hear from them again. I ended up using free software and fixing it myself.

This last time, we couldn't even start our computer and had to use safe mode. I sent in a report to PC Tools, but again didn't hear back. The only time I would get an answer is if I called and chased them. I asked to speak to supervisors but was told they were too busy. This went on for over 2 months.

Finally I used the same free software as last time. It took a few tries but eventually fixed the computer. I called PC Tools about a refund, but they said I had to call the store I bought it from to get e refund. I called the store, they said PC Tools had to refund it. Needless to say, I got nowhere. I paid $60 for me to fix my own computer.

Snewton
Traverse City, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2009 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-Tools/nationwide/PC-Tools-Spyware-Doctor-Technical-support-doesnt-know-how-to-fix-computers-San-Francisco-475246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC Tools