Complaint Review: PC bug repair.com

• Updated: Thu, March 03, 2011

• Reported By: Deborah — Mineola New York United States of America
PC bug repair.com

PC bug repair.com Systems tool? Computer held Hostage until I paid , Internet

I was on the computer one night and the computer screen had a page on it that said my computer was infected with viruses, trojens etc. The computer was held hostage, in a total lockdown till I paid this company to clean it. I did pay and they scanned what they had installed into my comuter to begin with and I wa able to get back on. I had been receiving messages saying that my free pc cleaner was expiring for a while but I knew that wasn't the case. When this happened, I figured I was wrong. After one day...systems tool dissapeared from my computer. I have the email with all the information that they sent me. When I tried a few times to cancel, being that they had a 30 day cancelation window, I got the run around. I then decided to research the web about them and see that I am not alone in this rip off. After I paid them the money, my usual anti-Virus is still in working order so all those messages I recieved about it ending were just to get me to pay them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2011 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PC-bug-repaircom/internet/PC-bug-repaircom-Systems-tool-Computer-held-Hostage-until-I-paid-Internet-702121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PC bug repair.com