Complaint Review: PCCARE 247

• Updated: Mon, January 16, 2012

• Reported By: Lesley — Spruce Grove Alberta Canada
PCCARE 247

PCCARE 247 Liars, fear mongruals Internet

Fear mongurals and liars!!!!! I was having a problem with my curser jumping to new locations as I would be typing. I went to the Dell website to get some help and it linked to PCCARE247. he immediately asked for access to my computer to view my computer. he said it could be a driver problem or a virus. he opened up my files and said I had 1800 corrupted files and that if it is not done immediately I could loose my hard drive completely. I did see the corupted files as he showed me them. Then he said this is a one time repair for $299.99US. I paid him and they made me type out all my information then gave me 2 phone numbers to call. it seemed odd so I called Visa and they said it is a real company, head office is in India and there is a US call center. I disconnted my internet and tried to call them and the numbers did not work. I emailed the original address and they gave me another number and it was disconnected. I re emailed again and they had given me all US numbers. After talking to them again I gave them access to my computer and it took forever. finally he said he was done and I asked him what he did he would not tell me, just that he fixed it (NOT). the problem was still there and he ran a antivirus and none were found. he installed a super antispyware and ran it and it found 251 non fatal/threatning viruses. I confronted him and he said that there were 1800 and they were fixed but I Could not see them on the final report. I asked his boss what he had fixed and he said a new driver. I contacted another company to help me and they installed a program and repaired the curser problem and that for $299.99 all they did was run two programs. He promised to call me the next day to follow up and never did. 24 hours later early in the morning this East Indian was calling from India saying your computer is slow to give him access. Hung up on him and he called again. This took all of 6 hours of my wasted time and money. DON'T USE THEM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2012 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PCCARE-247/internet/PCCARE-247-Liars-fear-mongruals-Internet-823414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PCCARE 247