Theresa

• Updated: Mon, September 24, 2012

• Reported By: Terry — Dyer Tennessee United States of America
PCCARE 247

PCCARE 247 Mislead into believing they represented Norton. New delhi, Internet

My computer locked up from a virus supposedly from the FBI demanding that I get a money card and send them $200.00. I knew this wasn't right so I started trying to contact Norton. I finally found a number, 1-855-877-5849, which I called. I got a lady from India that assured me she was a Norton rep. After checking my computer she told me I needed to clean the IP address, clean transmission lines, clean the network and install a port blocker for $399.99. My question was why am I paying Norton and you want to charge me more, so I asked again if she represented Norton an she assured me she did.I am 63 years old and not really computer literate so I really didn't know if what she was telling me was true or not. After more discussion she lowered the price to $299.99 which out of pure frustration after talking to these people for so long and trying to understand them I purchased. I later found a number for live chat with Norton and I was assured by Norton that they had never heard of this phone number and they did not represent Norton. I guess I have been had but I have to wonder did I get scammed once or twice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PCCARE-247/internet/PCCARE-247-Mislead-into-believing-they-represented-Norton-New-delhi-Internet-945709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PCCARE 247