Complaint Review: PCDI, Ashworth College

• Submitted: Sat, July 07, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, October 06, 2007

• Reported By:Elkton Maryland
PCDI, Ashworth College
430 Technology Way Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

PCDI, Ashworth College FRAUD, FAKE, NOT A CREDITED COLLEGE Norcross Georgia

*Author of original report: newest update

*Consumer Suggestion: Who is to blame????

*Author of original report: REPORTED TO BBB.

I had enrolled in this program hoping to pursue a degree in Legal Studies, after finding out from a friend who knows a corporate lawyer that this school and its certifications are NOT recognized in my state or any other. This infuriated me so I decided to investigate further about the school. That's when I came across this website. The more I read the more angry I got. So I came to the decision to cancel my enrollment and NOT waste my time or money any longer. When I did this the school told me that there was a $334.00 cancellation fee. I am certainly NOT paying this fee so they can make money off of their fraud. The only thing I'm worried about is that it will show up on my credit report. Now that I learned a hard lesson I will be enrolling in a school here in my state for Legal Studies, all the more reason on why I want to study Law- because of businesses like this.

Sonya
Elkton, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2007 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PCDI-Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia-30092/PCDI-Ashworth-College-FRAUD-FAKE-NOT-A-CREDITED-COLLEGE-Norcross-Georgia-259265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PCDI, Ashworth College

newest update

AUTHOR: Sonya - (U.S.A.)

As of this date the BBB has received over 643 complaints about PCDI/Ashworth College. My advice to all BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't believe everything you read and that they promise you. I stand by my word that this school is nothing but A FRAUD.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Who is to blame????

AUTHOR: B Smith - (U.S.A.)

I have read some of the comments and here is my assessment and suggestion for resolution:

- It seems the chief reason everyone has against Ashworth is their recognizability and transfer credit.

Solution: The simplest solution, before you register at Ashworth is to contact schools you intend to transfer your credit to and ask them if they will accept the credit. I did that and as a matter of fact, after obtaining my Associates degree from Ashworth, I was able to transfer a majority of my credits to a 4 year college and just recently finished my bachelors degree with a GPA of 3.95.

- Speed of materials transport. Everyone complains they have had to make multiple phone calls and hounding to get their books and materials and exams sent.

Solution: This I definitely have to agree with. Ashworth is not the speediest of the organizations. The solution is to have them send books and materials in advance OR pay for faster shipping (I don't believe they offered faster shipping when I was studying there but it never hurts to check). Their requirement for requesting books and materials in advance was that you must have paid through that semester. I cannot blame them for it. try this at another college or university, you will be surprised to find out just how accommodating Ashworth really is :-).

- Withdrawal or course dropping charges. It seems ashworth charges a percentage of the fee as withdrawal charge.

Solution: Read the contract carefully. Most schools provide a grace period for add/drop registration and usually spell out the costs for dropping after the specified times. I would follow those rules keeping in mind that letters take time to arrive, and phone communication (although this should not be an excuse but lets be realistic here) does go awry.

When you call, get a name of who you spoke to and write it down. Next time you call, ask to speak to their supervisor, ask to speak to the Dean and keep going up until you get a resolution. I did and got great results.

Instead of sending letters, send faxes with a printed receipt. Try to send it to a specific person and call to make sure they got it. In case you have to contest the issue, you now have written proof. Again tried and test.

I know Ashworth does not seem to employ the most "professional" staff, neither are they very responsive, but considering the cost and convenience, you have to deal with it. If you want to, most schools these days offer online courses and degree programs. Again verify that your target school will accept credit and also verify the reputation of the school BEFORE you register.

Hope this helps.

REPORTED TO BBB.

AUTHOR: Sonya - (U.S.A.)

I reported Ashworth University to the BBB of Atlanta Georgia. The same day I learned that they have recieved over 605 complaints about this company in the past 36 months! To ALL future students out there please research your school BEFORE you attend. If it sounds to good to be true it is.