Complaint Review: PCDI Professional Career Development Institute

• Submitted: Wed, April 13, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, April 13, 2005

• Reported By:Green Brook New Jersey
PCDI Professional Career Development Institute
430 Technology Way Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

PCDI Professional Career Development Institute Misleading, Unaccredited and Out of Date Norcross Georgia

You've seen them on the television saying you can start your dream career quickly with their amazing certificate programs. I thought, I see them everywhere, they must be good.

Iam a self-taught freelance web/graphic designer. I wanted more credibility and I thought PCDI's correspondence certificate would be the perfect thing for my busy schedule. I figured with a certificate of having completed some kind of training I would be more marketable and taken more seriously.

So I signed up for their web design courses and when I got the material and read through them I wanted to scream. The materials were almost 5 years out of date. In the ever-changing and upgrading field of web design things are out of date in 5 MONTHS let alone years! Their advertising and literature promised "cutting edge" and the like. I was even more angry when the text book tried to tell me things I knew from experience were incorrect. Not to mention the spelling and grammar errors...

Basically what I had signed up for was a course in how NOT to be marketable as a web designer. I talked to the condescending and completely UNhelpful customer service (after an 56 minutes on hold) who informed me that the materials were as up to date as was required by their (non-existent) accrediting agency and that I had signed a statement (before materials were received) that meant I could not receive a refund and that I would have to pay for the entire course even if I did not use it.

Hearing that I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for fraud in advertising. Within a month I had my money back and I now tell EVERYONE I can not to have anything to do with PCDI.

Green Brook, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2005 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PCDI-Professional-Career-Development-Institute/Norcross-Georgia-30092/PCDI-Professional-Career-Development-Institute-Misleading-Unaccredited-and-Out-of-Date-No-138732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PCDI Professional Career Development Institute