Complaint Review: PCDI

• Updated: Fri, May 27, 2011

• Reported By: missy — jackson Missouri United States of America
PCDI
430 Technology Parkway Internet United States of America

PCDI Ashwood college Graduated 5 yrs ago, went to college and now dont have a highschool diploma! Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: It's not about TIME!

So I used PCDI almost 5 years ago I transferred straight out of high-school in the 10th grade. I graduated with a diploma about a year later. I then attended college in Colorado. I dropped out after having my daughter. Now that shes old enough I tried to re enroll only to find out that my diploma is a fake! Apparently PCDI was not credited by the state to give actual diplomas. So now I am out all the money I spent on them, and to top it off I called them to get a copy of my transcripts and now they say I owe them another $1,000 and until that's paid I cannot get them. They said this account has been in collections since 2007 but I have never got a letter or a phone call about this account. Now I have to pay for a GED which I think is unfair because I did my time in high-school and deserved that diploma.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2011 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PCDI/internet/PCDI-Ashwood-college-Graduated-5-yrs-ago-went-to-college-and-now-dont-have-a-highschool-734079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PCDI

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It's not about TIME!

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

It's about learning the material and PROVING your subject competence.  In other words, passing accredited tests.

I'm sympathetic to your plight.  You were indeed suckered into paying for an "education" that was absolutely worthless.

However, all is not lost.  If you truly learned the material you should not have any trouble passing the GED tests.  Also, there are many adult education programs funded by taxes that will PAY the GED testing fees.  You should contact your state Department of Education and State Department of Social Services to learn how to apply to these education programs.

Good luck.

P.S.  Should you take the GED battery and NOT earn a GED there are programs that you can enroll in through your State Department of Education to prepare you to pass the GED battery.  Many of these programs are FREE if you meet certain criteria.