Complaint Review: PCGS

• Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: D-victim — North Wales Pennsylvania United States of America
PCGS
16311 Ventura Blvd.,Suite 550 Encino, California United States of America

PCGS Fred Weinberg & Co. PCGS Principles Conspired and Stole Best Coins from Unsuspecting Colector Encino, California

I told Denise Gavert of DAVID HALL RARE COINS that I wanted to submit my coins to PCGS for grading. Denise told me to send them to Fred Weinberg & Co. I called her and asked her to put my name and address on the submission form, she refused. Denise said she wanted to be sure if they were good enough. I then said O'k open it. She did and I heard her gasp the line got very quiet. I pleaded with her to please speak up but I still had to turn the volume all the way up. Then I had to wait till she finished before she would even start to put my info on the form. Denise was incredibly difficult to deal with. I had to struggle with her to write anything. I was getting frustrated and I asked what they were worth? Denise said they might be counterfeit, I was shocked but she planted the suggestion. She asked if I would sell them to her. I said no. I kept trying to get her to write my info on the form. [continued below]....
.....

Denise finally agreed to fill the submission form. She was very resistant, I had to spell out every word. When she got to the State, I again asked why she was taking so long? Suddenly she yelled, at the top of her  lungs "You said you wanted them back!". I said, in shock, I didn't want them back instead of I didn't want to be yelled at.
I called and Denise said it wasn't possible for me to get my coins back. She sent 5 common silver coins in exchange for 4 Proof and 1 perfect, except for 1 edge mark, Carson City Double Eagle.

This is what I sent her:
1863s Proof Double Eagle with a Paquette Reverse
1866 Proof Double Eagle with stars on reverse in a Galaxy
1873cc Double Eagle nearly perfect
1897 Proof Double Eagle
1907 Proof Double Eagle Saint Gauden Ultra High Relief
Every effort I have made has been met with denial and/or ignorance.
They moved her into a new house never to be heard from again.
I am the victum of a premeditated grand theft using covert hypnotism.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2013 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PCGS/Encino-California-91436/PCGS-Fred-Weinberg-Co-PCGS-Principles-Conspired-and-Stole-Best-Coins-from-Unsuspecting-1025706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PCGS