Complaint Review: PCMG

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — California United States of America
PCMG
Newport Beach, California United States of America

PCMG Suckered me to sign up for credit card processing Newport Beach, California

*General Comment: Do more than just watch your account

*Consumer Suggestion: do more than just watch your bank account

We actually have a small business & I was contacted a couple of weeks ago by someone representing themselves as First Data credit card processing. I looked that company up on the internet & they had a great reputation. The person that was scheduled to come to my office was Tom Furman. He is a great salesman & I got suckered into signing a contract with him that same day. After he left my office I looked at his business card closer & it did not say First Data it said PCMG & when I looked that company up they had terrible reviews & another one of these reports already. I contacted him immediately & cancelled the same day which was today. He said to consider me cancelled. I will bekeeping an eye out on my account to see if anything happens. He knew when he first came in my door that I was skeptical & I was stupid anyway. I should have trusted my first instinct because it was right.  If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.  Merchants beware!! This guy is pretty smooth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2012 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PCMG/Newport-Beach-California-92660/PCMG-Suckered-me-to-sign-up-for-credit-card-processing-Newport-Beach-California-962337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PCMG

#1 General Comment

Do more than just watch your account

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

This guy is a career con artist and you were unlucky enough to be one of his victims. If you think calling him to cancel was enough you are most likely wrong. Word of advice, close your bank account, as much of a pain as that is, and monitor your SSN. Chances are you completed paperwork and signed paperwork and included a copy of a void check. He will submit that to the lease company to try and stick you with a non cancelable lease. That phone call means nothing to him and he'll deny it even took place all the way to the grave. He is ruthless and deceptive - don't let his appearance and demeanor fool you. His whole life is a lie, which is why he changed his name from Lance Morris when he used to run NPMG/Principal Payment Solutions in Phoenix.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

do more than just watch your bank account

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Word of caution, if you are trusting that a phone call requesting cancellation will make this all go away you are wrong. Chances are you signed contracts for processing and a lease and they will put your paperwork through regardless of that phone call you made - verbal cancellation won't be enough. You dealt with a career con artist that now has signed contracts and your bank account information.

Close your account right now, as much of a pain as that is, so they don't submit the lease paperwork and get you stuck in that non cancelable contract. They can't hold you to it if they can't collect payment, and believe me chances are they will still put that paperwork through in hopes it sticks and you aren't quick enough to catch it before they get paid. This guy isn't just "slick", he is ruthless and will stop at no expense to ensure it benefits his bottom-line. Don't let his polished appearance and demeanor fool you. Again, this guy is a career con artist that has been at this his entire adult life. Don't be the next victim of this bait and switch.