Complaint Review: PEACHTREE DOORS AND WINDOWS

• Updated: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: john — CLOVER South Carolina United States of America
PEACHTREE DOORS AND WINDOWS
880 Southview Drive Mosinee,, Wisconsin United States of America

PEACHTREE DOORS AND WINDOWS shield family will not honor lifetime warranty Mosinee, Wisconsin

I purchased peachtree windows and doors because of the lifetime warranty offered in 1990 when I built my home. Over the years the company has replaced several sashes that lost the seal between the panes and I had no problems . Since peachtree was bought by the Shield family and I have tried to order replacement sashes and was told they are no longer in production.

Also the balance mechanisms that hold the windows up when open are now starting to break and the company informs me that they are not warrantied. the copy of the warranty I have has no exclusions,if any item fails it will be replaced and at their discretion the purchase price can be refunded.

They have offered to pay the replacement cost only of the doublepane glass if I have it manufactured locally, less any shipping and taxes and I would need to pay for the panes first and be refunded  my money by them . they have also offered to replace the balances(THEY SOLD THE PARTS TO ANOTHER COMPANY) if I purchased them and they would refund the purchase price to me.

I hesitate to make these purchases because I have no faith they would refund money spent by me, also, when I have further glass failures and balance failures what would their position be.  I  would advise no one to purchase their products.  my windows and doors were properly registered with peachtree and I have a registration number from them

Warranty from 1990-1994 Care Book:

Peachtree doors and windows are guaranteed for as long as you own them to be free of defects in materials or workmanship that unreasonably might affect their performance, in normal usage, when installed and maintained in accordance with the manufactures instructions.

Peachtree doors and windows purchased after January 1, 1990 for use in single family homes qualify for this extended coverage when the original homeowner registers the installation with Peachtree by completing and returning, within 90 days of installation, the Homeowner's Warranty Registration form available from Peachtree dealers and distibutors.

Peachtree will repair or furnish replacements for components found to be defective, or may, at its option, refund the original purchase price of the product involved.

This warranty my be exercised only by the original registered homeowner and is not transferable to subsequent owners. However, Peachtree's standard two-year warranty would continue to apply in the event of a change of ownership.

To make a claim under this warranty contact your installer or Peachtree Dealer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PEACHTREE-DOORS-AND-WINDOWS/Mosinee-Wisconsin-54455/PEACHTREE-DOORS-AND-WINDOWS-shield-family-will-not-honor-lifetime-warranty-Mosinee-Wiscon-924548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PEACHTREE DOORS AND WINDOWS